• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Skipping breakfast for fasting

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been learning of so many people in my circle who are not eating breakfast. They are obviously the overweight and obese. They say that skipping breakfast is prolonging the fasting period which is very efficient in shedding off weight. One friend said that she lost 5 pounds in one week and that is a good encouragement. But the catch is that you tend to ear more for lunch that the lost weight would easily come back.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
By skipping breakfast and making your lunch your first meal- this is what they call intermmitent fasting, and it's suppose to be very good for your health and burn fat, believe or not. You are not really skipping meals, because after your breakfast at lunch time, you can go ahead and eat your other two meals every 2-3 hours- like lunch and dinner. This is suppose to protect you from disease as well, like cancer.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I eat one meal in a day. It's a diet program called OMAD and it's a good thing to do.

So, I basically don't eat in the morning because it's my fasting window.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I gave up on dieting and fasting since I've got the weight I wanted. Now I eat breakfast regularly. I always have a cup or two of boiling coffee or tea, 2 sunny side-up eggs, fried rice or a couple of buttered toasts and some meat or fish like bacon, ham, leftover chicken, canned tuna, sausages or corned beef. I can't miss out on breakfast because it's the most important meal of the day, I become weak and sluggish without it.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I gave up on dieting and fasting since I've got the weight I wanted. Now I eat breakfast regularly. I always have a cup or two of boiling coffee or tea, 2 sunny side-up eggs, fried rice or a couple of buttered toasts and some meat or fish like bacon, ham, leftover chicken, canned tuna, sausages or corned beef. I can't miss out on breakfast because it's the most important meal of the day, I become weak and sluggish without it.

I got hungry with your post about your breakfast because I am also a fan of fried rice although it is either fried rice or bread and not a combination. Right now we have the all time favorite sweet Chinese ham that goes well with the morning bread called pandesal so it was bread and ham for breakfast for the last 2 days and orange juice.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Not having breakfast is normal for a lot of people. Studies suggest that breakfast helps prevent chronic illness and lower your risk for heart disease, type two diabetes, and high cholesterol. But what you eat is just as important as when you eat.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seriously, most people don't eat breakfast and it's not because they don't want to or don't have money to take care of their morning breakfast but it's simply most likely because of lack of time to stay back home and prepare their own breakfast and then eat it before going to work. The timing would never be possible for someone working for a company. Personally, I really can't recall the very last time I ate my breakfast at home.

G

GuestHu

Banned
They say skipping breakfast is not good because it increases the likelihood of consuming more food at lunchtime. Better have a heavy breakfast, but a light meal at lunchtime and dinner. And an additional tip to lose weight is to have six snacks a day. No heavy meal just eat two snacks in the morning, afternoon and evening. Less food intake but more energy used equals weight loss.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, I can very easily careless about eating lunch because I'm super busy in the day to even have time to eat lunch. I can do snacks every now and then but it's nothing serious or special. But when my breakfast is called into question, it's something that I take very seriously because sometimes, I would be on just my breakfast till it's time for dinner. So, you can imagine not eating from morning till dinner time, it's definitely not healthy at all.

R

rheez95

I agree with what people say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I get my energy from it especially when I go to college. I got a full schedule so I have no time to take snacks. Sometimes I skip lunch due to a lot of work in college. Personally, I think that we should have at least two meals a day, breakfast is one of them.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I have been learning of so many people in my circle who are not eating breakfast. They are obviously the overweight and obese. They say that skipping breakfast is prolonging the fasting period which is very efficient in shedding off weight. One friend said that she lost 5 pounds in one week and that is a good encouragement. But the catch is that you tend to ear more for lunch that the lost weight would easily come back.
I personally do not skip breakfast for fasting. I eat only twice a day. I eat breakfast and lunch. I no longer eat on dinner. I lose weight on doing this. Just the other day somebody noticed my weight loss. I believe that breakfast is the important meal of the day. There is a health movement that campaigns for one meal a day or OMAD. I think if decide to do it I can if I am willing to do it. This is all for the good of my health and body.

C

charmean

Breakfast is primarily important. You can skip lunch or dinner but not breakfast.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I personally do not skip breakfast for fasting. I eat only twice a day. I eat breakfast and lunch. I no longer eat on dinner. I lose weight on doing this. Just the other day somebody noticed my weight loss. I believe that breakfast is the important meal of the day. There is a health movement that campaigns for one meal a day or OMAD. I think if decide to do it I can if I am willing to do it. This is all for the good of my health and body.

That is the most common diet over here – skipping dinner to have a longer digestion period for the lunch. It’s actually called “After 6 diet” to mean you don’t eat anything after 6 pm but you can eat anything regardless of the quantity before 6 pm. With breakfast, there is one guy who doesn’t eat breakfast but eats brunch every day (that’s around 10 am) not really for the diet but to save money.

C

Concentrix

I have an underweight co-worker and a friend from my past basketball league that skipping breakfast is one of their habits and their secret in maintaining their weight. But this 'secret' can be done if there is strong self-control in controlling the amount of food they consumed in a day. Even though you skip breakfast but consume more food at lunchtime and at dinner, that person's weight might increase.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that one should skip break fast.Since the food you eat provides energy to work or do activities during the day.I think the best way is skipping dinner since you are going to sleep and the energy produced isn't needed in sleeping.I suggest you skip dinner and eat breakfast to have energy during the day.