• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Feeling dizzy after working out

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good morning my fellow musclemecca members.

I noticed something strange this morning after my workouts as I started feeling dizzy immediately I finished my routine drills that took an hour to complete.

I wouldn't say that I overstretched myself because it's what I'm used to doing every day.

Now, my question is what could be the cause of my feeling dizzy?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You may be hungry? That happens to me sometimes maybe when I am already hungry for breakfast but I still had to do my push ups. I am doing 40 push ups and when I feel a bit hungry, I would skip the exercise and go to the dining table to have breakfast because if I proceed with the exercise, I am afraid to get dizzy. It is not a good sign that my be related to high blood pressure.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
TA had the same thing but was having chest pain too. It was an aneurysm that he had.

H

heavyhitter

Could be from low blood sugar....could be a vasovagal reaction from straining or breathing improperly. Hard to say

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You may be hungry? That happens to me sometimes maybe when I am already hungry for breakfast but I still had to do my push ups. I am doing 40 push ups and when I feel a bit hungry, I would skip the exercise and go to the dining table to have breakfast because if I proceed with the exercise, I am afraid to get dizzy. It is not a good sign that my be related to high blood pressure.

I'm not sure what's the cause of the feeling of dizziness. It may be hunger as you suggested and it might still not be. What I'm most likely going to do would be to observe myself a little bit more and if it repeats, then I would know that something is wrong.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Feeling dizzy or becoming lightheaded after exercising is not that uncommon, and sudden stopping after exercise can cause your blood pressure to drop, and this can cause dizziness, fainting or nausea sometimes.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Feeling dizzy or becoming lightheaded after exercising is not that uncommon, and sudden stopping after exercise can cause your blood pressure to drop, and this can cause dizziness, fainting or nausea sometimes.

Actually, I have never experienced such in my life before ever since I started working out both in the gym and at home. It was why I was so worried that something must have been wrong but if it's a normal thing as you said and it doesn't keep repeating, then I probably shouldn't worry too much about it.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Could be from low blood sugar....could be a vasovagal reaction from straining or breathing improperly. Hard to say

It could be either of the two or something else but I have reduced my workout routine and everything seems to be normal at the moment.

So, I believe that I must have over exerted myself too much and that's the reason for feeling dizzy.

H

heavyhitter

I get this feeling pretty often when doing squats or leg presses. After getting up my ears will ring, and i get super dizzy for a minute or so if i push it really hard

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I get this feeling pretty often when doing squats or leg presses. After getting up my ears will ring, and i get super dizzy for a minute or so if i push it really hard

I know very well that it's taking up the notch of my workout that gives me such fuzzy and dizzy feeling immediately I'm done with the exercise.

So, I have tried as much as possible to reduce the extent I push myself in order not to get injured in the process.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I agree with this. Nonetheless, if you feel that it's way out of the ordinary, it's best to head over to your nearest doctor to have a check-up. There's no harm in making sure.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I agree with this. Nonetheless, if you feel that it's way out of the ordinary, it's best to head over to your nearest doctor to have a check-up. There's no harm in making sure.

Seriously, I don't joke with my health for any reason whatsoever. Once I get the feelings or signs or symptoms that something is not right, I'm calling my family doctor immediately to have him run checks and if possible tests, then give me proper treatment immediately.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
TA had that problem and he had an aortic aneurysm. If you don't have low blood sugar and are really dizzy go get checked out.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Seriously, I don't joke with my health for any reason whatsoever. Once I get the feelings or signs or symptoms that something is not right, I'm calling my family doctor immediately to have him run checks and if possible tests, then give me proper treatment immediately.

That's the ideal way of dealing with circumstances like this. The thing is, from where I am, not a lot of people can afford to go to the doctor because of the fees. Health care here in terms of insurance is a nightmare to claim so most of the time these kinds of situations are neglected and often overlooked. How I wish it will improve in the near future.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
TA had that problem and he had an aortic aneurysm. If you don't have low blood sugar and are really dizzy go get checked out.

I have never had any any cases of low blood sugar in my life but it's something that I can't rule out from every happening in the future.

So, it's the reason why I go for check up every now and then in order to be on the safer side of good health.