• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

NEAT for fat loss

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

Do you want to see better results at the gym? Increase your physical activities outside of the gym. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, and get some exercise! Increase your walking frequency!

Please accept my apologies for the error.

Yeah, sign me up for an extra 660kcals every week. People underestimate the effect that raising your NEAT has on fat reduction. It's a hefty piece of work! NEAT is defined as anything other than usual training/gym. You name it: walking, gardening, fidgeting. So, if you spend the most of your day at a desk and perhaps 3 hours each week at the gym. I strongly suggest you to do those actions as soon as possible if you want to see results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Our house has a short staircase because the architecture is split-level. But when in the office, I always use the stairs in going up the 3rd floor. I also have some physical activity at home because I have many plants to tend. My wife used to be on the 5th floor and she uses the stairs in going up and going down. Unfortunately she was transferred to the 10th floor so she couldn't use the stairs anymore. My advice is for her to climb up to 3rd or 4th floor before taking the elevator.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
All this amounts to handling your lifestyle appropriately. Check out what you eat on regular basis. Don't engage in lots of vices like smoking, drinking, eating very late at night, sleeping very late etc.

All these would help you to lose weight.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I say just be active and exercise regularly. You can eat whatever you want if you workout and exercise on a regular basis. Vices like drinking and smoking will diminish when you engage in a regular workout.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I say just be active and exercise regularly. You can eat whatever you want if you workout and exercise on a regular basis. Vices like drinking and smoking will diminish when you engage in a regular workout.

Exactly! If you cut down or eliminate all of your vices and then maintain a good as well as a healthy diet and lifestyle, it's definitely going to be of great help to getting you lose weight and be very healthy and safe.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Even with staying in shape with some good exercise every week, you should not sit for more than 30 minutes at a time, during the day- like when you are at work on the computer or talking on the phone. You should get up every 30 to 60 minutes and walk around for awhile to prevent from becoming to sedentary. Things like gardening would be a great way to add to your day, or even checking on your flower garden really would keeps you moving throughout the day, so you don't become to sedentary.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Even with staying in shape with some good exercise every week, you should not sit for more than 30 minutes at a time, during the day- like when you are at work on the computer or talking on the phone. You should get up every 30 to 60 minutes and walk around for awhile to prevent from becoming to sedentary. Things like gardening would be a great way to add to your day, or even checking on your flower garden really would keeps you moving throughout the day, so you don't become to sedentary.

Living healthy is the best way to getting yourself live without having issues that would be of any serious effect to your health.

I try as much as possible to eat well and exercise well in order to avoid getting into trouble with my heath.