• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is it good to workout at night before going to bed?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have noticed some gym open at night and some people still there engaging in some of their workout drills.

I keep wondering if the body isn't meant to be resting at night instead of being put to the drills?

Is it healthy for the body?

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some people don't have much of choice. Depending on their work schedule & all that. That's why there are so many gyms now that stay open 24/7. Personally, when I was on off shift, I worked out at night & had great results, but had to quit because it would take 3 or 4 hours to get to sleep. Leaving me without a day life at all. It almost seemed as if I recovered better, when sleeping a few hours after my workout, as opposed to working out in the morning & than not sleeping until late at night, like most people. Not really sure which one is healthier for the body though or if it even matters.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It could bother some people but the average person would not be effected, although the reason some would be bothered, is because their adrenaline is high, and that makes the brain very active. Not everyone is a morning person, so it's always good to get some exercise whenever you can, or have time for during your day.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think those guys who are going to the gym after dinner time have a late bedtime like they are working in the swing shift. The 10 pm to them is like 5 pm to us. But if you are in the daytime shift that you have to wake up early I guess it is very wrong to do your workout before bedtime.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some people don't have much of choice. Depending on their work schedule & all that. That's why there are so many gyms now that stay open 24/7. Personally, when I was on off shift, I worked out at night & had great results, but had to quit because it would take 3 or 4 hours to get to sleep. Leaving me without a day life at all. It almost seemed as if I recovered better, when sleeping a few hours after my workout, as opposed to working out in the morning & than not sleeping until late at night, like most people. Not really sure which one is healthier for the body though or if it even matters.

Seriously, it's a trend now with so many gym open at night. Maybe it's simply as a result of people's work schedules that makes them have no option to still have to workout at the gym in the night.

But just as you pointed out, the night drills have a way of interrupting one's sleeping gap by making it take longer which leaves you with few hours of sleep.

Under normal circumstances, I don't sleep early without working out included. Now, should I add night workouts, then it's probably goodbye to my night sleep.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

A friend of mine who works out told me before that exercising right before going to bed can keep you from sleeping well. It is best to plan your workout at least two to three hours before bedtime.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A friend of mine who works out told me before that exercising right before going to bed can keep you from sleeping well. It is best to plan your workout at least two to three hours before bedtime.

Have you watched the series called shooter? The main character Bob Lee Swagger did workout at night in the movie, so it's definitely something healthy to do.