Your first visit?
Register

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    623

    Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    If you have the option to choose between swimming and running exercises, which one would be your preferred choice?

    Between the two exercises, which one gives you a better result?

    Similar Bodybuilding Threads:




    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

        

      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors



  2. #2
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,247

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    For me, swimming is the best exercise for stamina because it makes you move all your body parts. Compared with running for an hour against swimming for an hour, I'm srue the swimmer will have more painful muscles than the runner. But take note that the stamina you get from swimming is greater although there is not much power because running makes you exert more effort in the lower part of your body.




  3. #3
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    623

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    For me, swimming is the best exercise for stamina because it makes you move all your body parts. Compared with running for an hour against swimming for an hour, I'm srue the swimmer will have more painful muscles than the runner. But take note that the stamina you get from swimming is greater although there is not much power because running makes you exert more effort in the lower part of your body.
    You are very correct my friend with that assertion on getting to exert much stress on the lower part of your body when you run.

    Personally, I do run a lot more than I go for swimming. When I was new at running, my calf used to pain me a lot but now, I'm very must used to it.




  4. #4
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    507

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    Running is more of a high impact sport, while swimming is a low impact cardio exercise- but somtimes you do injure yourself while running, with these high impact sports, like with ankle sprains. A lot of people will turn to cycling before they choose swimming, but swimming will reduce the same amout of body fat as running or cycling. Swimming also works out your upper body as well, which running does tend to ignore.




  5. #5
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    623

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    Running is more of a high impact sport, while swimming is a low impact cardio exercise- but somtimes you do injure yourself while running, with these high impact sports, like with ankle sprains. A lot of people will turn to cycling before they choose swimming, but swimming will reduce the same amout of body fat as running or cycling. Swimming also works out your upper body as well, which running does tend to ignore.
    That's very true what you just mentioned about the benefits of running and swimming. Both of them are good exercises but each have its own shortcomings, it's all about been able to take advantage of the positive benefits of each exercise. Cycling is something that I have never considered because of the health risks involved in the exercise.




  6. #6
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    397

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    I'll choose swimming over running if I only have the funds to visit a pool or a resort every single day. Swimming is overall body workout and mainly targets the shoulders. Just look at olympian's shoulders, they're broad, and it might be because they swim all the time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    [QUOTE=Heatman;3240395]
    Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    Cycling is something that I have never considered because of the health risks involved in the exercise.
    I am entirely unaware of this. What are the health risks involved in the exercise?




  7. #7
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    623

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    [QUOTE=NoviceNinja;3240689]I'll choose swimming over running if I only have the funds to visit a pool or a resort every single day. Swimming is overall body workout and mainly targets the shoulders. Just look at olympian's shoulders, they're broad, and it might be because they swim all the time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    Cycling is something that I have never considered because of the health risks involved in the exercise.
    I am entirely unaware of this. What are the health risks involved in the exercise?
    I don't take up cycling as a serious exercise because I'm very aware of the injuries and health issues it can cause. So, I just cycle for fun and not exercise.

    It's safer for me that way.




  8. #8
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,247

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    [QUOTE=Heatman;3241071]
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    I'll choose swimming over running if I only have the funds to visit a pool or a resort every single day. Swimming is overall body workout and mainly targets the shoulders. Just look at olympian's shoulders, they're broad, and it might be because they swim all the time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    Cycling is something that I have never considered because of the health risks involved in the exercise.
    I am entirely unaware of this. What are the health risks involved in the exercise?
    I don't take up cycling as a serious exercise because I'm very aware of the injuries and health issues it can cause. So, I just cycle for fun and not exercise.

    It's safer for me that way.
    Cycling is one good exercise although it can be tedious depending on the type of cycling that you do. For the uphill climb it is an abuse to the legs while cycling on flat land is comfortable. My wife used to ride a bike but she is now forbidden because of the swollen muscle of her right leg. The suspicion was the abuse that the leg had suffered. She is now wearing a leg supporter to prevent the recurring pain and swelling.




  9. #9
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    623

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    [QUOTE=Alexandoy;3241135]
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    I'll choose swimming over running if I only have the funds to visit a pool or a resort every single day. Swimming is overall body workout and mainly targets the shoulders. Just look at olympian's shoulders, they're broad, and it might be because they swim all the time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    Cycling is something that I have never considered because of the health risks involved in the exercise.
    I am entirely unaware of this. What are the health risks involved in the exercise?
    I don't take up cycling as a serious exercise because I'm very aware of the injuries and health issues it can cause. So, I just cycle for fun and not exercise.

    It's safer for me that way.
    Cycling is one good exercise although it can be tedious depending on the type of cycling that you do. For the uphill climb it is an abuse to the legs while cycling on flat land is comfortable. My wife used to ride a bike but she is now forbidden because of the swollen muscle of her right leg. The suspicion was the abuse that the leg had suffered. She is now wearing a leg supporter to prevent the recurring pain and swelling.
    Exactly! The kind of injuries associated with cycling when it's abused can be very dangerous and harmful to anyone's health whether it's a man or women.

    I'm a good fan of cycling sports and I have missed watching tour de France cycling sports. I have witnessed lots of injuries in the sports in the past.




  10. #10
    Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    20

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    Swimming is better because it takes more physical effort to swim three kilometers than running with the same kilometers. The lower and upper body are used in swimming and strengthen your whole body because the waters acts a resistant. More resistant makes an exercise intense and burn more calories. Plus swimming is the best for joint pain prevention.




  11. #11
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,247

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    I have a problem right now with my left knee that our physician said may be due to the wear and tear. That diagnosis is scary if one is to consider my age as a senior. The intermittent pain of my left knee may be a long term effect of my running and playing basketball during my younger years.




  12. #12
    Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    I like swimming Because you can exercise the whole body.




  13. #13
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    623

    Re: Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikejasonlee View Post
    I like swimming Because you can exercise the whole body.
    I think that both swimming and running work on all parts of the body. To a very good level, I believe running have more forceful impact on the body than swimming.






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        
         We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY






 

 

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.