• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Swimming or running exercises which one is better?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have the option to choose between swimming and running exercises, which one would be your preferred choice?

Between the two exercises, which one gives you a better result?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me, swimming is the best exercise for stamina because it makes you move all your body parts. Compared with running for an hour against swimming for an hour, I'm srue the swimmer will have more painful muscles than the runner. But take note that the stamina you get from swimming is greater although there is not much power because running makes you exert more effort in the lower part of your body.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me, swimming is the best exercise for stamina because it makes you move all your body parts. Compared with running for an hour against swimming for an hour, I'm srue the swimmer will have more painful muscles than the runner. But take note that the stamina you get from swimming is greater although there is not much power because running makes you exert more effort in the lower part of your body.

You are very correct my friend with that assertion on getting to exert much stress on the lower part of your body when you run.

Personally, I do run a lot more than I go for swimming. When I was new at running, my calf used to pain me a lot but now, I'm very must used to it.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Running is more of a high impact sport, while swimming is a low impact cardio exercise- but somtimes you do injure yourself while running, with these high impact sports, like with ankle sprains. A lot of people will turn to cycling before they choose swimming, but swimming will reduce the same amout of body fat as running or cycling. Swimming also works out your upper body as well, which running does tend to ignore.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Running is more of a high impact sport, while swimming is a low impact cardio exercise- but somtimes you do injure yourself while running, with these high impact sports, like with ankle sprains. A lot of people will turn to cycling before they choose swimming, but swimming will reduce the same amout of body fat as running or cycling. Swimming also works out your upper body as well, which running does tend to ignore.

That's very true what you just mentioned about the benefits of running and swimming. Both of them are good exercises but each have its own shortcomings, it's all about been able to take advantage of the positive benefits of each exercise. Cycling is something that I have never considered because of the health risks involved in the exercise.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I'll choose swimming over running if I only have the funds to visit a pool or a resort every single day. Swimming is overall body workout and mainly targets the shoulders. Just look at olympian's shoulders, they're broad, and it might be because they swim all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Cycling is something that I have never considered because of the health risks involved in the exercise.

I am entirely unaware of this. What are the health risks involved in the exercise?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll choose swimming over running if I only have the funds to visit a pool or a resort every single day. Swimming is overall body workout and mainly targets the shoulders. Just look at olympian's shoulders, they're broad, and it might be because they swim all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Cycling is something that I have never considered because of the health risks involved in the exercise.

I am entirely unaware of this. What are the health risks involved in the exercise?

I don't take up cycling as a serious exercise because I'm very aware of the injuries and health issues it can cause. So, I just cycle for fun and not exercise.

It's safer for me that way.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

- - - Updated - - -

I don't take up cycling as a serious exercise because I'm very aware of the injuries and health issues it can cause. So, I just cycle for fun and not exercise.

Cycling is one good exercise although it can be tedious depending on the type of cycling that you do. For the uphill climb it is an abuse to the legs while cycling on flat land is comfortable. My wife used to ride a bike but she is now forbidden because of the swollen muscle of her right leg. The suspicion was the abuse that the leg had suffered. She is now wearing a leg supporter to prevent the recurring pain and swelling.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

- - - Updated - - -

Cycling is one good exercise although it can be tedious depending on the type of cycling that you do. For the uphill climb it is an abuse to the legs while cycling on flat land is comfortable. My wife used to ride a bike but she is now forbidden because of the swollen muscle of her right leg. The suspicion was the abuse that the leg had suffered. She is now wearing a leg supporter to prevent the recurring pain and swelling.

Exactly! The kind of injuries associated with cycling when it's abused can be very dangerous and harmful to anyone's health whether it's a man or women.

I'm a good fan of cycling sports and I have missed watching tour de France cycling sports. I have witnessed lots of injuries in the sports in the past.

C

Concentrix

Swimming is better because it takes more physical effort to swim three kilometers than running with the same kilometers. The lower and upper body are used in swimming and strengthen your whole body because the waters acts a resistant. More resistant makes an exercise intense and burn more calories. Plus swimming is the best for joint pain prevention.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a problem right now with my left knee that our physician said may be due to the wear and tear. That diagnosis is scary if one is to consider my age as a senior. The intermittent pain of my left knee may be a long term effect of my running and playing basketball during my younger years.

M

mikejasonlee

I like swimming Because you can exercise the whole body.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like swimming Because you can exercise the whole body.

I think that both swimming and running work on all parts of the body. To a very good level, I believe running have more forceful impact on the body than swimming.