• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What are the dangers of taking steroids?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's not a hidden issue that some people who are very active into body building exercises take steroids to enhance their body muscles development faster.

It actually works very well but I'm absolutely sure it comes with a high price on the long run.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sometime doctors prescribe steroids for different reasons, like puberty or loss of testicular function but even at this level, there are probably side effects. Also doctors are not allowed to prescribe steroids for athletic performance. Some side effects of using steroids, include having heart attacks and having a enlarged heart as well- also add liver disease and liver cancer.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sometime doctors prescribe steroids for different reasons, like puberty or loss of testicular function but even at this level, there are probably side effects. Also doctors are not allowed to prescribe steroids for athletic performance. Some side effects of using steroids, include having heart attacks and having a enlarged heart as well- also add liver disease and liver cancer.

If the dangers of taking steroids outweighs the benefits it offers to those who take it, I think that it should be banned completely from the drug market because it causes more harm than good. Plus some people would always just abuse it for better results with their body building.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't dug deep in this issue of the steroid because I am not into professional sport much more with the build up of big muscles because my built is medium to small. Our physician in the family is giving steroids to her daughter who is diabetic. The steroid helps in the healing of a wound. The steroid has medical purpose but it should not be taken for the muscle building because it can have a side effect in the heart.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't dug deep in this issue of the steroid because I am not into professional sport much more with the build up of big muscles because my built is medium to small. Our physician in the family is giving steroids to her daughter who is diabetic. The steroid helps in the healing of a wound. The steroid has medical purpose but it should not be taken for the muscle building because it can have a side effect in the heart.

Well, in my opinion on taking steroids, if there is another health benefits of taking the drugs just as you pointed out, then it's a good decision but when it's abused and used to enhance body muscle development, then it's completely wrong.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

The sad part about steroid abuse is that what appears to be a beautiful and robust exterior hides a sickly interior which can be a time bomb waiting to go off. Ultimately, the irony with steroid abuse is that while people push their bodies to look strong and healthy, they can end up doing incredible amounts of damage to their health.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The sad part about steroid abuse is that what appears to be a beautiful and robust exterior hides a sickly interior which can be a time bomb waiting to go off. Ultimately, the irony with steroid abuse is that while people push their bodies to look strong and healthy, they can end up doing incredible amounts of damage to their health.

Exactly! It's not just steroids alone, any drugs that you abuse will definitely turn to be harmful to your health on the long run.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dangers of taking steroids are many including, enlarged heart, kidney failure, blood clots, increased cholesterol, liver tumours , high blood pressure and stroke.

I would personally advice everyone to avoid it completely if you have never used them before.

P

pgcc604

It's not a hidden issue that some people who are very active into body building exercises take steroids to enhance their body muscles development faster.

It actually works very well but I'm absolutely sure it comes with a high price on the long run.

okay the magic question does anabolic steroids cause life-threatening side effects? my answer is it's all relative if you know anything about these YouTube idiots I forget one was named Rich Piana the other guy Lloyd who pretty much committed suicide on YouTube by using we're actually abusing excessive amounts of anabolic drugs for what reason I have no idea. but worse than killing themselves I don't know how many young kids that looked up to them that they brought with them. bodybuilding does not need people like that okay depending on how you use steroids that's to depending what kind of side effects you're going to have now and in the future. any substance can be harmful Tylenol can destroy your liver quicker than anything else there is.
I started taking steroids at 17 I first competed at 18 that I competed every year to 2001 did a ton of shows did five NPC national level shows I never came off for those 11 years never use ridiculous dosages but never came off and then I retire because of a job but I continue to train and to use drugs not at the same level but now I've been using quite a bit because I've been thinking about doing the Masters Nationals if I could get big enough again. but there's levels to all of this personally I'll give you a cycle that I would say is relatively safe actually totally safe it's not going to mess your liver up no matter what people say about oral antibiotics go try to find one single case cuz I've been trying for 20 years one single case of someone having liver disease or cirrhosis of the liver caused by an aa-17 oral steroid you will not find one because I've been looking for 20 years I have a hypothesis or why that became so prevalent in orals that orals are so liver toxic but I don't believe it.
as for your cardiovascular health or your heart they can be detrimental to that system and I would recommend getting checked by your doctor with blood test make sure your blood pressure stays normal make sure your good cholesterol stays good and in range because I do know guys that have had heart attacks in their 50s when they were using a lot of stories in the 20s and 30s but they also use high dosages so again I know I think it's all dose. related. so I'm going to give you a cycle for like an intermediate guy you've done a couple that I would say is a good amount they'll grow well if they eat right and they trade right and it's safe. something like
Testosterone Enanthate 500 mgs
Deca 400 or 500 mgs a week
dbol 40 mgs a day.
NOVELDEX 10 mgs a day
you can gain a tremendous amount of this cycle and you can also look incredible on this cycle because of the DeWalt I put in in the DECA everybody thinks that those drugs alone cause you to hold water and get fat and whatnot it's a total fallacy. I've used the ball up to four weeks out of a contest and 5% body fat and looked incredible in order for a drug like that to cause you to hold water you have to take it but you also have to eat like total crap, you have to eat way too much than you should, you have to introduce quite a bit of sodium to your diet and you will look like a big pumpkin head looking like you're ready to pop it's not a good look. however if you know how to eat learn how to eat these drugs can be some of the best muscle building drugs there are with the least side effects even I've used these drugs more times than I could count and I have never bloated one single time because I know what I'm doing I know how to eat and that's all this depending on.
So my answer is you can use steroids safely yes you could also use them and end up killing yourself but you would have to use a tremendous amount to do that

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sentinel
P

pgcc604

Dangers of taking steroids are many including, enlarged heart, kidney failure, blood clots, increased cholesterol, liver tumours , high blood pressure and stroke.

I would personally advice everyone to avoid it completely if you have never used them before.
I've been trying to find evidence of this for 20 years and I can so you mentioned it so I'm going to ask you why you mentioned it and if you have proof of it or you just took it off of a side effect list liver tumors did you actually find a case of someone having liver tumors directly connected to using oral steroids? because for 20 years I've been looking for a single case of AA 17 oral steroids causing any kind of liver disease liver failure or cirrhosis of liver and I have not found one single case let alone tumors. also a lot of the things you listed or avoidable and they're caused by ancillary things that people do while on steroids like high blood pressure people add to that so much because they eat like shit blow up like a water balloon of course your blood pressure is going to go through the roof which then in turn can cause something like a stroke which also listed. if someone's going to take steroids they need to know what the hell they're doing, they need to know why they're doing it, and they have to make a commitment that they're going to eat as healthy as possible they're going to go to the doctor get their blood pressure their blood work done and they're going to make sure they get through the cycle and that they're normal and everything's cool

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Boazxavier00

Boazxavier00

My GYM trainer recommended buying them from GNC. But I had never used them before. I had a kidney stone which was removed last year. So I thought to ask the doctor if I should take it or not. The doctor suggested not to take steroids or any kind of supplements. So I had to return it immediately. As GNC's return policy was easy and simple I had no issue returning to the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pgcc604

I'm alone and I'm very bored obviously cuz I keep asking answering these stupid questions. If you use them responsibly nothing will happen to you and I can guarantee you that nothing is going to happen to you. Now if you go crazy and start taking 2,000 makes a test a week for 64 weeks on top of orals like DeWall and whatnot Yes you can go to the doctor and end up within the large heart you could end up with heart problems You could end up with high blood pressure and there are a bunch of other things you can end up with that could kill you. But you have to reach the level of extreme abuse to get there and anyone that's going to abuse drugs to that point I don't know what to say I don't like talking bad about the dead but we're better off without them.