• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Be careful with steroids

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not against steroids or anything but we have to be careful with this stuff. It is fine if used correctly but when abused it can have fatal results. I love you fellow bodybuilders here at mecca and I don't want anything to happen to anyone. Please be careful if you guys are using steroids.

Steroids abuse death

Anabolic steroids linked to premature death in men
Posted by Shameen

Washington: According to a recent study, men who use androgenic anabolic steroids such as testosterone may face a higher risk of early death and of experiencing more hospital admissions than normal.

The study was published in the Journal of Internal Medicine. For the study, 545 men who used androgenic anabolic steroids were matched with 5,450 controls. In addition, 644 men who were sanctioned because they refused to submit to a doping test and 6440 controls were included as a replication cohort.

Over an average follow-up of 7.4 years, there were seven (1.3 percent) deaths among users of androgenic anabolic steroids and 23 (0.4 percent) among participants in the control group, translating to a three-times higher risk of death associated with androgenic anabolic steroids.
The median annual number of hospital contacts was 0.81 in the androgenic anabolic steroid users and 0.36 in the controls.

Acne, gynaecomastia, and erectile dysfunction affected more than 10 percent of the androgenic anabolic steroid users, and the prevalence of these disorders was significantly higher than in the control group. Similar results were seen in the replication cohort.

“This study has shown that anabolic steroids are associated with a range of side effects that can be directly attributed to their pharmacological activities,” said lead author Dr. Henrik Horwitz, of the University of Copenhagen, in Denmark.

SOURCE: ANI

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jpk0007

Well, i agree with you completely, one has to be very careful in dealing with steroids for Bodybuilding. There is a tendency to go overboard and it can have disaterous effects on the body in the long run. It can have bad effects on the liver , kidney and other vital organs of the body. If on e takes proper precautions and resists the tempation of overdoing it, they can be used to get good results. However, it is better to keep the use at the minimum level as far as possible.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me, it is always the natural that I go for so I am not recommending steroids and other supplements when taken without full supervision of the professionals. It is noticeable that drug testing has been getting more positive results in the sports industry that may be the direct effect of supplements. With steroids, I had read that improper administration can lead to abnormal bulk. You don’t want to have big muscles that do not look natural.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually some bodybuilders are good fans of using steroids when it comes to having something to help with the swift enhancements and development of their body muscles. For the fact that some people are into using steroids for such purposes and are getting good immediate results is the main reason for other new bodybuilders to give into the temptation to using steroids for their body and muscles development. It comes in handy with having to see how much your body adapt and change in no distant time but the after effects is going to surface on the long run and not on the short run. I would like to say that it's excessively using of steroids that is quite bad and should not be encouraged.

H

Henrywrites

Banned
I believe that there are enhancements for bodybuilding that we should really be careful about taking in overdose and steroids is one of them. Despite the fact that it can help you amass a whole lot of muscles over a period of time, the reality is that it may have some side effects on your health in the long-run, which is not pretty fair to say the least.

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I am not a steroid user. I have not yet taken a single steroid pill yet. But my wife always drink steroid pills when she has severe asthma. The effect is very good and so quick for her. With that experience from my wife using steroids means very helpful for her. I think in body building it could really be a big help too. What I think is dangerous is when it is abused or taken over dosed.

A

Athanas

If abused, the steroids can have adverse effects to the body.