• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What's the best liquid to take while working out?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What liquid do you normally take while working out? Do you have a particular preference for a specific drink or do you just drink anything that reaches you at the moment?

Some people would prefer water while others might go for energy drinks like lucozade boost and so on.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is really important to stay hydrated during your exercise, but for a workout 60 minutes or less, water really is all you need. Going more than that, you need some extra calories and electrolytes that sports drinks provide. I really just like simple water, and to make it a bit tastier you could add a slice of lemon, orange, lime, or even grapefruit to your water.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is really important to stay hydrated during your exercise, but for a workout 60 minutes or less, water really is all you need. Going more than that, you need some extra calories and electrolytes that sports drinks provide. I really just like simple water, and to make it a bit tastier you could add a slice of lemon, orange, lime, or even grapefruit to your water.

I personally like to add glucose to my water if it's just only water that is available for me to take while working out. But I prefer taking energy drinks better as it helps to build up my lost energy immediately.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Water is the best liquid to drink when you work out because that is pure. But I have to admit that I hate drinking too much water and I do that when I am very thirsty from doing a heavy workout. Lemonade is one of the best drinks although my father said that lemon water is much better because it has no sugar. Just put in some lemon drops on a glass of water and that’s it for a healthy but not bland drink.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

When I work out, water is what I usually take most of the time. I would love to try those energy drinks and see if it does make me more energized but since I am frugal with how I spend, settling with mineral water is not a bad idea.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Water is the best liquid to drink when you work out because that is pure. But I have to admit that I hate drinking too much water and I do that when I am very thirsty from doing a heavy workout. Lemonade is one of the best drinks although my father said that lemon water is much better because it has no sugar. Just put in some lemon drops on a glass of water and that’s it for a healthy but not bland drink.

Exactly! I completely agree with you on this about water being the most important and best liquid to take while working out because of the make up of water.

There is no added derivatives to the water which makes it easier for your body to absorb it immediately and put it to immediate use.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Drinking lemon when you are about to workout is good because it helps to burn fat faster. Drinking watermelon is also good because it helps to burn fat faster while working out.

Drinking water is the best because it helps to stay hydrated.

S

SolidSa

Water is the best liquid in the entire universe. You can add BCCA to it and make it an intra-workout drink. It would give you high energy and help you to recover faster after the workout. You can try creatine if you are in bulking phase.