• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Aquaman the movie 2018

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
It strikes me as unusual when today's movies try to mix something as ancient as atlantis to something that is watery. First, scientific findings point to Atlantis not as some land hidden under water but surrounded by it. Second, it is believed to be somewhere in Africa and geographical pics of it taken from above show that like any other civilizations Atlantis was ravaged by time. Except for the symbolism of the trident which is possibly linked to Poseidon, the god of the sea, the whole thing is a bemusing theatrical concoction. I would rather see the avengers fighting it over on earth than a superhero having restricted underwater travails.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I think Atlantis in the Marvel Universe is different from the one according to the history books. They named it that way based on the creators prerogative and not really because of history. It might only be a coincidence that it has the same name. I'm not sure about this.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Lost City of Atlantis was made up by Plato the Greek philosopher, and he did this as a plot device for his stories, because there is no record of this place anywhere in the world. This place never existed before Plato wrote about it- but some people still think this sunken city is still out there, and the legend is still kept alive to this day.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

The Lost City of Atlantis was made up by Plato the Greek philosopher, and he did this as a plot device for his stories, because there is no record of this place anywhere in the world. This place never existed before Plato wrote about it- but some people still think this sunken city is still out there, and the legend is still kept alive to this day.

Okay. So is it the same Atlantis portrayed in Marvel Universe? I'm poor when it comes to these Greek mythology things.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

There are many myths surrounding Atlantis, although in reality, It only came to light after it was mentioned briefly by Plato in his works Timaeus and Critias. Other than that theres no mention of atlantis or are there any proof of its existence. In my opinion, because of Plato's reference and description of Atlantis, it may have actually existed in pre-diluvian times. It was already ancient in the days of Plato.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Okay. So is it the same Atlantis portrayed in Marvel Universe? I'm poor when it comes to these Greek mythology things.

Yes, it' the same one- Atlantis is a fictional civilization appearing in DC comics, and all the versions used in the Aquaman comics are based on the mythical island of Atlantis, first mentioned in Plato's initial dialogue, the Timaeus, written in 360 BC.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Yes, it' the same one- Atlantis is a fictional civilization appearing in DC comics, and all the versions used in the Aquaman comics are based on the mythical island of Atlantis, first mentioned in Plato's initial dialogue, the Timaeus, written in 360 BC.

Oh, I see. Then I guess the Marvel team did mess up when it comes to their story.

C

Caguioa747

Banned
Well 75-80% is what I predicted having seen and loved the movie and would be more than happy with that, the film is great, some minor plot holes mostly around Black Manta, questionable song choices but this film is in completely different stratosphere from Antman and the Wasp, the film CGI is miles better than Black Panther but the story is maybe not quite as strong since it's more generic CBM origin story. I keep saying that this has been a truly great year for CBM and no way is Aquaman the 2nd worst and nor is Venom the worst for that matter.