• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Steroid Side Effects

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Steroid side effects

I think you all know where I stand on the use of steroids. I believe they can be used safely in moderation but problems start when abused. Just how do steroids affect the body? I found this article that serves as sort of a warning about steroid side effects but it lists some things I have never heard of happening even with steroid abuse. I do know a bunch of bodybuilders who have never had any of these issues.

Read the following article and let me know if any of this is true. The writing sucks and there are a ton of misspellings but it is still interesting. I have fixed a couple of the big ones.

Bullshit or not?

Ted

How do Steroids affect Your Bodybuilding? All The Things That You Should Know!
By Mariusz Welc

If you are thinking about using steroids as you want to win the title of the best bodybuilder, then read this article because you are living in a "Myth."

Steroids are a class of drugs, that are used to treat many medical conditions like sexual disorders, removal of testes because of testicular cancer, abnormality with the pituitary gland, cancer because of the loss of muscle tissue, etc.

These drugs are also used for the regulation of the immune system and metabolism, these drugs stand by the side of reproduction, are used for gaining muscle mass, and bone masses, and heal inflammation and other medical conditions.

Come To Know How Steroids Affect Different Parts Of The Body

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news!

The steroids have deleterious effects on the body. Many sports persons take steroids but deny reading about the side effects.

Keep in mind that the drug which is responsible for altering the homeostasis of the body will affect the body. Let's dive in for more detail and we will see how steroids affect your bodybuilding and different parts of the body.

Let's proceed from head to toe!

• Hair:

Baldness is common among individuals who take steroids. It's common in males as well as in females.

But why?

It's because when you take steroids, it converts your high levels of testosterone into DHT or dihydrotestosterone, which in turn causes the hair follicles to get shrink. Therefore, results in temporary baldness.

If you continue with steroids then it leads to the death of the hair follicles and you have to face permanent baldness.

• Brain:

Those who go beyond their limit usually suffer from a psychotic disorder. They suffer from:

Extreme mood swings
Aggressive nature and behavior
Insomnia or sleep disturbances
Anxiety
High levels of paranoia
Feeling of euphoria
Depression
Personality changes

The above-mentioned conditions occur because of steroid abuse. Some individuals lose their control because of their aggressive nature and even commit suicide or suicidal attempts.

This is how steroid affects your brain.

• Face:

Steroids lead to high water retention levels and this leads to edema in return. The person will have "Chubby cheeks" and a "Round big face."

Recent studies have claimed that, in females, it leads to the growth of facial hair. The voice becomes husky and bad breath is also common. It affects the beauty of the females as it leads to acne skin.

The acne covers the face and the upper body.

• Eyes:

The long-term use of steroids leads to infection of the eye. The conditions can be Glaucoma or Cataracts.

• Heart:

If you are a steroid user then, you should read this point carefully. Some of you may not agree with me but still, you should try to understand my point.

Give me a chance to explain!

Steroids lead to higher cholesterol levels and which in turn may cause heart diseases. In research, it is found that steroids decrease the levels of HDL and shoot the levels of LDL.

You must be aware of HDL and LDL. Not exactly? Okay! I will explain.

HDL is a friendly cholesterol in your body and LDL is your enemy cholesterol. So, Steroids don't support good cholesterol.

Also, Steroids are responsible for the formation of clots in the blood vessels and these clots interrupt circulation and hence may lead to cardiac arrest.

Therefore, none of my statements supports steroids. It's a big warning sign for steroid users.

• Liver:

The liver is a vital organ of your body and it helps swipe the toxins out. It manages the levels of sugar, cholesterol, and protein. The steroid is responsible for causing liver damage and liver cancers.

Why does all this happen?

Because of the steroids, the liver is unable to detoxify and hence malfunctioning occurs. It becomes highly difficult for the liver to metabolize.

Also, it is found that steroid contains some virus and bacteria which results in adverse effects. So, what else I can say? Now, you can understand.

Still, do you think you need to use steroids?

• Muscle and Tendons:

You feel strong from the inside. Also, you lift heavy weights at the gym and hence it leads to muscle tears. The muscles become stronger than compared to the strength of the tendons. So, the possibility of the rupture of the tendon is more.

• Blood Poisoning:

Many steroid users often do needle exchange, which is not good. If by mistake you use non-sterile needles then, you may suffer from a drastic illness.

The non-sterile needles lead to blood infections and hence blood poisoning occurs. The site of injection can become tender and swollen and it may result in abscesses that require medical intervention.

• Impotence:

If you make use of steroids, it may lead to the dysfunction of the testes. One who has stopped the supplementation of testosterone? The pituitary gland takes time to alert the testes for the production of testosterone.

This process may lead to atrophy which leads to a delay in the production of testosterone naturally. Therefore, impotence occurs in males and it leads to a lack of an erection.

• Impaired immune system:

The immune system of the body becomes weak when you use steroids. So, try to avoid it if you don't want your immune system to suffer.

Words Of Closure

If you are using steroids for the good build of your body, then I would suggest you stop here.

I know some of you won't agree with me but I must tell you that it's not good and I have explained to you it's side-effects as well. The Almighty has blessed you with a healthy body, don't destroy someone's efforts by destroying your body. This is how steroids affect your bodybuilding.

Choose natural products to build your body mass, Eat healthily and stay healthy.

Let us know if some questions are flying through your mind. Also, if you want to add something to our knowledge, you're welcome.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9723759

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ArnoldS
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the nice words of wisdom article, about staying away from the juice(anabolic steroids)- and you cover a lot of ground about the evils of steroids as well. I think bodybuilders should consider their insides (heart, liver, etc) when they workout, and show some respect for the internal organs- your body is your temple of the holy spirit, as they say.

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is bullshit

T

TinyNutzzz

Great read/facts but ill take my chances. I should of died 3 times now. Im not immortal by anymeans but i feel ive already outlived my expectancy so why not enjoy the rest of my life!!

Reactions: TalkAdmin and ArnoldS
ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great read/facts but ill take my chances. I should of died 3 times now. Im not immortal by anymeans but i feel ive already outlived my expectancy so why not enjoy the rest of my life!!
Just be careful you don't become another Rich Piana.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
T

TinyNutzzz

I'm not seeing any of these quotes the last few days

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Do you mean in email? Did you check your spam folder?

You can also enable push notifications in your browser. You should see the option at the bottom of the page.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KaiGold and TinyNutzzz
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Also, the last post in this thread was from 2018. :)

Reactions: KaiGold and TinyNutzzz
T

TinyNutzzz

Yeah that's what I though too so why do I get these notifications randomly 2 today 1 yesterday 1 a wk ago
Screenshot 20210927 194047

Reactions: KaiGold and TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
You got them through Tapatalk? I don't really know why it's happening. It started shortly after we redid the site.

Reactions: TinyNutzzz and KaiGold

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I get them too in Tapatalk and the app. Not if I use chrome.

Reactions: TinyNutzzz and TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Guys, you can turn the notifications off in the settings menu in Tapatalk and the app. You don't even need the app or Tapatalk anymore. You can use what ever browser you want.

Reactions: TinyNutzzz
T

TinyNutzzz

I felt like I relapsed and was on the hard sauce again lol. I'd get a notification and I'd look and there would be nothing. I was like wtf Am I blocked,banned or wtf hahaha

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I felt like I relapsed and was on the hard sauce again lol. I'd get a notification and I'd look and there would be nothing. I was like wtf Am I blocked,banned or wtf hahaha

Going to have an alternative app up for iOS and Android next week or even sooner!

T

TinyNutzzz

It's still going lol. Idk wtf the issue is. I tried my comp,browser change and redid this app but it still isn't working
Screenshot 20211016 224137

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
It's still going lol. Idk wtf the issue is. I tried my comp,browser change and redid this app but it still isn't working
Screenshot 20211016 224137

Tapatalk is supposedly working ok brother. I'm so sorry. You can go into the settings of Tapatalk and disable notifications or delete our site from Tapatalk and just use a browser instead.

I am working on new apps. I hope to have them done next week and they most likely I'll pull Tapatalk from the site if it's not fixed.

Anyways, thanks for coming back.

Reactions: TinyNutzzz
B

Bahustrong

Playing with Steriod is like playing with fire. You can cook a good dinner or it would cook you into a good dinner. It all depends upon how you use them. Instead of blaming these powerful substances. we should use them responsibly to be the best version of ourselves.