• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Metformin

aldodupaul

aldodupaul

What's your take on it????? Been doing a lot of research on it.... opinions? Comments? Knowledge?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From what I have read on several articles online so far, it's a drug used to treat lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.

From what I could gather, it's safe to use as long as you follow your doctor's prescription.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We had a family reunion yesterday and metformin was mentioned by my physician brother-in-law. If you have problems with your blood sugar but you are not exactly diagnosed as diabetic do not take metformin and better if you take insulin to give your pancreas some rest and time to recover. Metformin can be a habit that your blood sugar will be dependent on it. Even for diabetics, he said that they don't recommend metformin at once because there are cases that you can control your blood sugar with a change in lifestyle.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We had a family reunion yesterday and metformin was mentioned by my physician brother-in-law. If you have problems with your blood sugar but you are not exactly diagnosed as diabetic do not take metformin and better if you take insulin to give your pancreas some rest and time to recover. Metformin can be a habit that your blood sugar will be dependent on it. Even for diabetics, he said that they don't recommend metformin at once because there are cases that you can control your blood sugar with a change in lifestyle.

Exactly. I completely agree with you on this. One's lifestyle goes a very long way in determining what affects the individual's health on both long term and short-term basis. Drugs are good but it can still be limited with how one lives.

T

terminamer

Metformin increases insulin sensitivity. Never used it myself, but I would say it can be used as a weak alter above to insulin without having to mess with insulin levels, instead gaining a similar effect by increasing insulin sensitivity.

Not sure of the sides, but I know a couple of people that would suffer from a bad belly from having this stuff, so this would offset any benefits really.

T

terminamer

Metformin increases insulin sensitivity. Never used it myself, but I would say it can be used as a weak alter above to insulin without having to mess with insulin levels, instead gaining a similar effect by increasing insulin sensitivity.

Not sure of the sides, but I know a couple of people that would suffer from a bad belly from having this stuff, so this would offset any benefits really.
*alternative