• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Monitoring blood pressure during a heavy workout

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was chatting with my physician brother-in-law yesterday during our Christmas family gathering. He said that when you are past 40 you should be monitoring your blood pressure when you are doing a heavy workout. One owner of a gym named Mr. Ong died of a heart attack that was suspected to be induced by high blood pressure. It is either heart attack or stroke that might get you if your blood pressure is too high and you are still doing your workout.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's very important to take your health care into serious consideration when carrying out any kind of workout because if you fail to do so and there seems to be something wrong with your health, it would definitely be very harmful to your well being.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some things to remember before you start lifting weights, is to not hold your breath during exertion- this can cause serious spikes in blood pressure, instead breathe easily and continuously during each lift.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some things to remember before you start lifting weights, is to not hold your breath during exertion- this can cause serious spikes in blood pressure, instead breathe easily and continuously during each lift.

Exactly! This is actually why most people are advised to be very observant with their health care before taking part in any serious workout drills especially one that involves heavy weight lifting.

If your body isn't prepared to take the toll of the drills, it would affect your health negatively.