• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is alkaline water for real or just a hype?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Christmas day is a traditional family gathering in the home of my brother-in-law. I noticed the water dispenser with the label of alkaline. Take note that my brother-in-law is a physician who married a nurse. When I asked why alkaline, they couldn't answer. It was obvious that they were just riding on the bandwagon of the supposed to be healthy benefit from the alkaline water.

What is your take on alkaline water?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

In my opinion all the so-called health benefits ofAlkaline Water made by portable machines are just hype and is just a marketing gimmick to sell overpriced alkaline machines. There are also newer models I see in mall demonstrations which are called Ionized Alkaline Dispensers. It's a lot of hogwash to me and might even be harmful to ones health specially to babies and kids.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They say that Alkaline Water has many health benefits, including slowing the aging process, regulating your body's pH level and preventing chronic diseases like cancer. Alkaline water has a higher pH than regular drinking water- because of this, some advocates think this water will neutralise the acid in your body.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If the alkaline water is safe and good to drink, then it's absolutely healthy. There has been several chatters on how beneficial alkaline water is, so it's probably good for consumption. Although I prefer spring water best.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Tumors are often more acidic than healthy tissues which are likely where people got the idea of drinking alkaline water to reduce acidity level in the body and could cure or prevent cancer. But our body can regulate the level of acidity by making acidic or basic compounds or by letting the kidneys filter the excess and unnecessary compounds in the blood. And we can decrease the acidity or pH level by eradicating one of the most common acids forming molecules, oxygen through breathing. However, alkaline water is found effective in aiding acid reflux, a condition that occurs when acidic stomach juices activate the digestive enzyme, pepsin.

So, no. Drinking Alkaline water is NOT a better than drinking regular water unless you have acid reflux.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
I agree with the user above, myself I drink it due to acid reflux.

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I stand by the benefits of Alkaline water than the regular tap water. I have seen through a demonstration that tap water has acids while alkaline water has less or no acids at all. The problem is alkaline water is more costly than the mineral and purified water.