• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

World's Rapid and Blitz Chess Championship 2018

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

The World's Rapid and Blitz Chess Championship 2018 is being held in St.Petersburg, Russia from December 26 until the 30th. It's now a tradition in the world of Chess to end the year with a 3day Rapid Chess tournament followed by a 2 day Blitz tournament. The reigning champions are Vishy Anand for the Rapid category and Magnus Carlson for the Blitz category.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't seem to know much about this sports. Personally, I'm not that good with playing chess and I'm very sure it's part of the reasons why I don't have any sort of interest in the sports. I have tried playing a few times but the zeal wasn't there to keep playing.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't seem to know much about this sports. Personally, I'm not that good with playing chess and I'm very sure it's part of the reasons why I don't have any sort of interest in the sports. I have tried playing a few times but the zeal wasn't there to keep playing.

I played competitive chess in community tournaments when I was a teenager. But I have to agree that chess is a boring game and basketball took me away from the board. If you cannot be a grandmaster in chess then you may just be wasting your time. I remember that I even had the guts to try blindfold chess and I was playing good with an opponent with no blindfold. But again, there was no future and I really didn't enjoy so I quit playing chess.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, this is awesome. I really wish I'm that good enough with playing chess in order to have the skills or expertise to participate in such competition.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I can't believe a chess thread has so many views on this site!

Thanks for posting guys!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't believe a chess thread has so many views on this site!

Thanks for posting guys!

You are very welcome, it actually shows that people appreciate the sports. Although I believe that they still have to add comments as well and not just read or view it and run away.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I played quite a bit of chess as a kid, but I would really like to maybe get back to it after watching a movie called "Queen to Play" - starring Kevin Kline and Sandrine Bonnaire. Bonnaire plays a housekeeper at a ritzy hotel in Corsica - she is devoted to her familly, but lacks passion in her life. She sees a couple playing chess and becomes interested in learning, and Kevin Kline teaches her.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In a casual talk with some teenagers about mind sports, they agree that chess is exciting but they were referring to computer chess. Playing with a human, most of them said, is boring because it takes a long time for your opponent to make a move. That gave me food for thought that in the years to come even sports like chess will be taken over by technology. It is sad for chess because e-sports is now getting popular which, they say, is really exciting not only to play but also to watch.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In a casual talk with some teenagers about mind sports, they agree that chess is exciting but they were referring to computer chess. Playing with a human, most of them said, is boring because it takes a long time for your opponent to make a move. That gave me food for thought that in the years to come even sports like chess will be taken over by technology. It is sad for chess because e-sports is now getting popular which, they say, is really exciting not only to play but also to watch.

Exactly. Most people are into playing computer chess because in my opinion, it's quite a bit easier to under and play against a computer program than playing with a human. You get tips and suggestions when playing on a computer unlike when you play with a human, it's strictly based on your experience.