• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hydrogen fuel to be used in the torch of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the first time that the Olympics will be lighting the torch that is fueled by hydrogen. It is a new technology in consonance with the clean fuel act of some countries that is a concern for the environment. The hydrogen is an alternative energy that do not emit pollutants. It is one way of showcasing Japan’s technology with alternative fuel like hydrogen and the Olympic torch will probably create awareness.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In my opinion, as long as it's safe to use, then I don't see anything wrong with it. The Olympics is a global sports, so the organisers will make sure to use the best in making it have a very successful output.

C

Caguioa747

Banned
Hydrogen is more of a battery than pure fuel - it is only as clean to the earth as a whole as the means used to generate the electricity necessary for manufacturing it. According to the article, they are going to use solar power (how appropriate, since hydrogen is the source of Sun’s energy), so this is a good move.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Japan usage of Hydrogen, a seemingly inexhaustible energy source on Earth and referred to as the 'ultimate clean energy', as a fuel in lighting the torch shows their seriousness in mitigating climate change. Their place is vulnerable to dangerous disasters such as tsunami and they are close to the ring of fire, a path along the Pacific ocean wherein lots of active volcanoes lies thus producing earthquakes. Also, strong typhoons are created in the ocean and the effect of global warming spikes up the strength of the typhoon.