• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Holiday season attitude on food intake

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got this advice from a physician that to avoid gaining weight during the holiday season when food is abundant on the table is to schedule your eating period. The gap should be at least 4 hours. When you eat snack within 2 hours of having your meal then that will be considered excess baggage since your lunch is not fully digested yet. Eating too frequently is what is giving you added pounds. Eat as much as you want but observe your tummy - do not eat when you are not hungry.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Exactly! When you eat too much without caution or regulations, you are definitely going to add weight no matter what you do. And Christmas season doesn't help most people out at all because there is too much to eat and most people can't resist it.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eat close to your usually times to keep your blood sugar in check, I would say, and take a walk between eating dinner and dessert as well. You could use a small plate as well at those big holiday gatherings, because we tend to fill our plates up, no matter the size- so try a smaller plate overall.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm of the opinion that doing your very best to stay away in close proximity to food always would be the best means of preventing yourself from eating too much during festive season.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

To avoid overindulgence and getting fat I have this habit of eating only when I'm hungry. During the holidays most people tend to eat all the time because of the abundance of Holiday Food and Celebrations. This tends to break ones regular diet resulting to overeating and getting fat. It's best to eat only when hungry or eat bite size pieces every other hour and stop when there's a feeling of fullness.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's a very common thing for most people who are careless to over eat and add lots of calories during festive periods because their are so much to eat and without controlling your craving, you are definitely going to drown in food.

This is actually why most gym is filled with members in January.

J

jpk0007

Yes that is very true , holiday season is the time when people have a tendency of overindulging themselves and enjoying themselves during the holidays season. However one has to take proper care especially of there diet during these days. Most of the health emergencies occur during the holiday season. If one observers a little amount of self control and follows the dietary restrictions then the holiday season can be enjoyed without any health risks.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes that is very true , holiday season is the time when people have a tendency of overindulging themselves and enjoying themselves during the holidays season. However one has to take proper care especially of there diet during these days. Most of the health emergencies occur during the holiday season. If one observers a little amount of self control and follows the dietary restrictions then the holiday season can be enjoyed without any health risks.

You are absolutely correct with this assertion, it's a very common thing that happens with most people especially those that have big extended families. So as a result of too many relatives to visit during the holidays festivities, one would be forced to eat out of proportion and as a result of this add lots of weight within a few weeks of the holiday season.

You are very aware of the fact that it's kind of a rude thing to reject food from your close blood relatives, so this puts most people in a bind to eat even when they are not in the mood or supposed to eat. One way to reduce getting caught up in such situation would be to curtail your visitations to friends and relatives during holiday season.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Does not mean you are on a holiday and in a family or friends gathering, you are required to consume a lot of foods though tempting to taste it because it appears delicious. But if you are involved in sports or some activity that showcase the beauty of a body and that event will occur next week, you must control your food intake. Same goes with people with high blood pressure or obese or have an undesirable health condition that requires to eat healthy foods.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
Holiday is indeed a dangerous season! You gotta show restraint!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
In order to stay fit and muscular, you must not give in to temptation to eat anything on holidays. You must choose to eat only healthy foods and foods that are rich in fiber and protein. The key here is discipline in spite if you are in front of some delicious and mouth watering foods.