• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pasta controls cholesterol

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Pasta is perfect for those who are watching their cholesterol levels because it doesn't have cholesterol and has very low levels of sodium. It's best to use Vitamin Enriched Pasta which contains additional vitamins and minerals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If rice contributes to the cholesterol level then I guess pasta is a good substitute. But my issue with pasta is the gain weight. We had pasta last new year and the leftover lasted for 2 days. In spite of controlling my weight I gained 1 pound. That's my observation whenever we would have pasta at home that I should eat only once to avoid gaining weight.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would chose a more healthy type of pasta, as some of these pasta may contain a lot of calories and have a high carb content as will. I would chose whole wheat or whole grain pasta.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From time to time, I incorporates pasta in my diet especially when I have a feeling that my cholesterol level seems like it's increasing and I wouldn't want to have any kind of health care complications.

I also make sure that it's safe to consume pasta that I make use of in order to be safe from food poisoning.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's nice to know since I like eating pasta. But also it depends on what you are eating it with or how you prepare it.l prepare mine and eat it with stewed meatballs is that still good?

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

As far as I have read, most plant foods do not contain cholesterol, and it only comes from animal foods; so it should not make a difference if you are having rice, pasta, potatoes, or any other starchy vegetable.
If you use the pasta in a recipe that has meat , cheese, or milk in it, then it is going to contain cholesterol; but if it is just pasta and vegetables, then there is no cholesterol.

Plain pasta does not have much fiber in it, or nutrients like vitamins and minerals, so it is much better to choose whole wheat pasta, or some of the kind that has spinach or vegetables in it, and comes in various colors.
If you are having rice, then brown rice is healthier than white rice that has the bran polished off.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Plain pasta does not have much fiber in it, or nutrients like vitamins and minerals, so it is much better to choose whole wheat pasta, or some of the kind that has spinach or vegetables in it, and comes in various colors.
If you are having rice, then brown rice is healthier than white rice that has the bran polished off.

Due to the hype on the health benefits of brown rice the price in the market soared and now is more expensive than the white milled rice which is preferred by the public. Maybe brown rice is healthier because there are many of my friends who buy brown rice regardless of the price. But I guess it is not only brown rice that matters to our health. For me, being healthy is a combination of things and not just with the food.

L

lokielovesbunny

Well, little eat pasta in low amount can't gain the weight we just need to grab the right veggies to add to it, other point that's wroth considering is, that choosing a right type of pasta is really important because we all know that pasta contains calories and carbo it better to go with whole wheat pasta because there various of foam of pasta available in the market.