• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Beer, red wine and brandy or whiskey which one is safer for one's health?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We take alcoholic drinks from time to time but it's abusing drinks that puts one's health in serious jeopardy.

So, I would like to among beers, red wine and brandy or whiskey which one is more healthy for consumption?

I prefer red wine mostly.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have an uncle who is an occasional drinker that I was surprised when he said that alcohol is good for the body when taken moderately. In the choices above, red wine is the obvious choice for health benefit but maybe I will agree with my uncle that drinking any kind of alcohol is good as long as you do not abuse. Maybe a shot of whiskey once or twice a week is just fine but personally I drink beer and red wine.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would choose red wine because on top of lowering bad cholesterol, polyphenols - the antioxidants in red wine, can help keep blood vessels flexible and reduce unwanted clotting as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would choose red wine because on top of lowering bad cholesterol, polyphenols - the antioxidants in red wine, can help keep blood vessels flexible and reduce unwanted clotting as well.

Exactly! I was actually good with drinking beer a lot when I was still younger but on realizing that it's more harmful to my health than it does me any good, I had no other option than to switch back to taking red wine.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

It is said that young people drink beer and the old drink wine and spirits. I prefer to drink the latter. Beer makes me add weight that's why I prefer drinking Brandy and Red Wine which when taken moderately can help reduce cholesterol levels. It's also good for the heart and for stroke victims.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is said that young people drink beer and the old drink wine and spirits. I prefer to drink the latter. Beer makes me add weight that's why I prefer drinking Brandy and Red Wine which when taken moderately can help reduce cholesterol levels. It's also good for the heart and for stroke victims.

Exactly! I think that some people go for beers because they are a lot cheaper than whiskey and red wine. When you want good spirit wine, it's definitely going to cost you a decent amount of money. Jack Daniels is a very good whiskey but it's very expensive.

Beers doesn't just make you get fat, it also makes one to have big belly.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
like red wine ok but nothing else

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
like red wine ok but nothing else

Red is great. Ever since I started drinking it, I have come to realize some certain changes in my body with how I feel immediately after the drink unlike how I feel when I take beer.

J

jpk0007

Well, ideally any kind of Alcoholic drinks must be avoided to live a more healthy and long life. In the case of alcoholic drinks, there is the danger of getting addicted to it. However, I think that wine and Brandy are much better than all the options mentioned in your post. Even though it is better to have White wine instead of red wine. if you are able to keep the intake of even these healthier options in moderation, then they can be considered good for you.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, ideally any kind of Alcoholic drinks must be avoided to live a more healthy and long life. In the case of alcoholic drinks, there is the danger of getting addicted to it. However, I think that wine and Brandy are much better than all the options mentioned in your post. Even though it is better to have White wine instead of red wine. if you are able to keep the intake of even these healthier options in moderation, then they can be considered good for you.

Definitely, some people get so addicted to alcoholic beverages that it impacts on their health in such a horrible manner which is why it's very important to keep at bay ones desires to keep taking alcoholic beverages. If you can control your intake of alcoholic beverages, it's for the better good on both short term and long term basis.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
G

GuestHu

Banned
We have been told that a moderate consumption of red wine everyday cut the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes. It is the compound, polyphenols that soothe inflammation and remove harmful chemicals circulating in our body. Plus, a Texas study showed that moderate drinkers of red wine had the lowest mortality rate than those who did not drink alcohol at all.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
I'd assume none of the above, but the least unhealthy is young red wine!

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I choose the red wine among these beverages. I like its taste and effect on my body. I feel strong and healthy whenever I drink it. But drinking it to intoxicate oneself is I think harmful. Just drinking it with moderation I believe is the best thing to do. It helps the digestive system of our body.