• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBA junior lightweight title fight - Gervonta Davis vs. Hugo Ruiz

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Undefeated Gervonta Davis will defend his WBA junior lightweight title against a replacement of Abner Mares who was forced to withdraw due to an elbow injury. Hugo Ruiz will step up in weight to save the bout from being cancelled. But Ruiz is no pushover with his record of 39-4 with 33 KOs. He was also in training since January for a fight in his division. Ruiz admitted that it is not easy to be a replacement because there is much to learn about his opponent. Davis has a formidable record of 20 wins and 19 KOs.

M

Maestro

I can't wait to see how Ruiz is going to hold his own against Davis. These two guys have gave us some really good perfomances in the past, so I'm pretty excited.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Although Hugo Ruiz was a replacement fighter but it was not expected that the fight will be that short. Gervonta Davis successfully defended his WBA junior lightweight belt against Ruiz by fashioning a knockout right at the end of the first round. It was a right hook that sent Ruiz to his knees and he had lost composure after that. The fight was stopped at 2:59 of the first round. The undefeated Davis scored his 20th KO in 21 wins.

PS. I am wondering why it seems to have 2 belts for WBA junior lightweight. Perhaps there's a mistake in the listing.