• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Food vis-a-vis workout for maintaining weight

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was successful in cutting down my weight from 150 to 145 pounds. Now my next goal is to taper my weight to 140 pounds. But i have noticed that if I eat a lot, it didn't matter. What gives me more weight is when I eat more frequent. Now I have experimented in eating 5 times in a day with lots of physical activity. But the physical activity seemed to have no effect for I gained weight. If I eat 4 times in a day my weight stagnates and if I eat 3 times in a day my weight decreases.

Any opinion?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The more you eat without getting into serious workouts in order to burn calories off your body, the higher the chances of gain weight beyond your imagination.

So, if you can try as much as possible to eat less and workout more, you can be rest assured that you will lose weight more often and even below your target of 140 pounds weight.

D

DeathDefier

There are some good TDEE calculators online which give you a rough idea of calories.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are some good TDEE calculators online which give you a rough idea of calories.

Exactly. If you are fortunate to get a very good one, it's definitely going to be very helpful in keeping track of the calories.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like the intermittent fasting technnique - this burns fat and makes you healthier as well. This is when you skip breakfast and get all the calories you need between lunch and dinner. This creates longer fasting periods and shorter feeding periods.

J

jpk0007

Well, I think that having a great diet is very essential to maintain a healthy weight. One has to be very mindful of the food intake throughout the day and its always good to break up to eat healthy food frequently throughout the day. A proper amount of exercise and physical activity is also essential to prevent the body to gain excess fat and weight. However, when your goal is to reduce your weight then it is very necessary to check the timings of your meals and also drink a lot of water along with the other restrictions on the diet.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is no doubt about how good working out is and when I say working out, it should be working out on a regular and consistent basis because when you hit the gym for workouts in off and on pattern, it's most likely not going to be very fruitful in getting your desired workout results.

Now, on the other hand as much as workouts are very important in helping you to keep fit always and maintain your good health, it's very important to keep your feeding habits in checks as well because when you workout and eat wrongly, it's completely useless to the workout.

L

lokielovesbunny

I think it depends on your activity, if your activity doesn't require much of the physical strength, your food consumption should be limited because eating more often would surely increase your weight, there is an old saying " You are what you eat" so if you are eating lot and without any check, plan, so there is no use of your workout. I eat lot without any plan but my body weight never increased, it is just because of work routine, I have my farmland and I, and my brother work around 8 hrs minimum everyday, I never make any diet plan, whatever I get to eat, I simply eat as much as I could, because I know if I don't eat, I won't be able to work,