• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBA interim bantamweight fight – Garballo vs Nakamura

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Undefeated WBA interim bantamweight champion Raymart Garballo will be tested against Japanese Yuya Nakamura on February 9 in Pasay City, Philippines. With his 20-0 with 17 KOs fight record, Garballo is the odds on betting favorite to retain his title. Nakamura has 9-2-1 fight record with 7 KOs. Garballo’s last fight was a first round knockout of Tanzanian Julias Kisarawe while Nakamura escaped with a majority draw over Chinese Yougo Yu.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Filipinos are killing it and Gaballo's 18th knockouts out of 21 wins is the proof. Nakamura should reexamine his whole technique because he didn't even last for two minutes. He is terrible, just terrible!

M

Maestro

Nakamura didn't even try. I dislike the kind of fights that don't even last two rounds. It always feels like a waste of money.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nakamura didn't even try. I dislike the kind of fights that don't even last two rounds. It always feels like a waste of money.

I know how you feel man. These are the fights that give the sport a bad name.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Raymart Garballo ably defended his WBA interim world bantamweight belt against challenger Yuya Nakamura. It was a slambang action right in the first round. Garballo proved too much for Nakamura as the Filipino champion floored the Japanese twice. On the second round, Nakamura was again floored and the referee stopped the fight amid the protest of Nakamura who was obviously not in his elements anymore. The win was the 21st for Garballo with 18 KOs to boot.

It looks like a mismatch which means to me that the matchmaker didn't do his assignment. Good fights are made with 2 good boxers and if one is not good and the fight would end just like that then that is considered not a good fight. My take on Nakamura is that he was scared of Garballo maybe because of the Filipino's reputation.