• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC middleweights – Silva vs Adesanya

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will be facing upcoming middleweight contender Israel Adesanya as the undercard of the Whittaker-Gastelum bout. This is a fight of a striker against a grappler. Undefeated with a record of 15 wins, Adesanya will rely on his striking power and hoping that Silva couldn’t make a takedown. Silva has a fight record of 34-8. Adesanya is a heavy favorite in the betting at more than -600.

M

Maestro

Adesanya has to win this one. I mean Silva is no longer the fighter he was with age catching up to hime. Also he hasn't fought for a period of two years which makes it even harder for him.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wouldn't count out Silva yet. He has experience plus he has nothing to lose if you know what I mean.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree to the comments above that you cannot count out Silva although he has been away for long and maybe he doesn't have the power anymore. What I see in Adesanya is his strength of relentless attack and he is difficult to takedown. With his lanky built I guess he is slippery in the octagon. With the betting odds stacked against Silva maybe may money will go to Israel Adesanya.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Adesanya-Silva bout was elevated to be the main event due to the cancellation of the Whittaker-Gastelum bout. UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker suffered a stomach injury that needed emergency surgery. Israel Adesanya seemed to have tried his best for a knockout but former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva was stubborn to last for 3 rounds. Still undefeated, Adesanya got a unanimous decision for his 21st win.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems that UFC is feeling the pinch now with what happened to the failed main event bout between middleweight champion Robert Whittaker and top contender Kelvin Gastelum. There is already a UFC 236 to feature Gastelum versus Adesanya for the interim middleweight title. Maybe UFC president Dana White is trying to get back the disappointed UFC followers so there is the announcement at this early. And with a date already in April although no venue yet.