• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC middleweight title fight – Whittaker vs Gastelum

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Robert Whittaker will be staking his UFC middleweight belt against number 4 contender Kelvin Gastelum on February 9. With his heavy punches, Gastelum is confident to unseat Whittaker from his throne but the champion will not allow it that easy since the fight will be held in his hometown in Australia. Whittaker had won the belt via unanimous decision over Yoel Romero and won again in the rematch by another decision. Whittaker has a fight record of 21-4-0 and Gastelum has a record of 15-3-0.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As per the breaking news of UFC, middleweight champion Robert Whittaker had to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency surgery of a stomach problem. The main event of UFC 234 has been cancelled which elevated the co-main event Adesanya-Silva to be the main event now. It's really sad to think that both fighters - Whittaker and Gastelum have undergone extensive training and now the fight is a no go.

M

Maestro

It's a damn shame that all that work will go to waste. I do hope that it is not that serious and perhaps we at least get to see Robert Whittaker back in the ring soon.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a damn shame that all that work will go to waste. I do hope that it is not that serious and perhaps we will at least get to see Robert Whittaker back in the ring soon.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
According to UFC president Dana White, the middleweight champ has a staph infection that wasn't treated well and had started to eat away at parts of his organs. So it is a good thing Robert Whittaker didn't fight at UFC 234 because that would have been fatal.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just to add. From an interview with UFC president Dana White, Whittaker was brought to the hospital for emergency surgery due to a life-threatening stomach injury. It was a hernia that involved his bowel and intestine that needed a corrective operation to prevent the worsening of the injury. Even if Whittaker was willing to fight for the sake of the main event, doctors vehemently disagreed because his life may be in danger.