• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Beer belly is a sign of bad health

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most of my uncles have beer belly and they are opposing the idea that a guy with a beer belly is not healthy. Maybe that adage was my guidance in controlling the bulging of my tummy. Until now I can say that I don't have a beer belly and I can still pull down my shirt in front of people. But come to think of it, what's a bulging tummy got to do with health? Is it really a sign of bad health?

D

DeathDefier

Dude it’s a horrible sign and has been directly linked (waist) to serious health issues.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Beer won't really make you fat, but the calories in it will. Bellyfat is the most dangerous type of fat, also known as visceral fat, and is known to be a problem when it comes to heart and other disease as well.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Beer won't really make you fat, but the calories in it will. Bellyfat is the most dangerous type of fat, also known as visceral fat, and is known to be a problem when it comes to heart and other disease as well.

One colleague who is a veteran when it comes to drinking beer said that what gives you beer belly is not actually the beer but the combination of drinking beer while sitting. If you will be standing when drinking then the tummy muscles will not tend to bulge. It is like you are developing the tummy when you are sitting. And when I looked at his tummy then I can say that he might be saying the truth. He is already past 70 but he looks trim considering that he drinks beer with his colleagues almost every night.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, I live my life by this code that too much of everything is bad and should not be encouraged in any way possible. So, operating from such angle, it's very crystal clear to me that having a big beer belly is something very bad, both in appearance and health care wise. Looking at someone with big beer belly, they sort of look out of shape and most times, they have serious problems with their breath. In fact, it leads to obesity if care is not taken.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Yes. The beer belly is a sign of bad. It does not only makes you physically unappealing but also increases the risk of getting a heart disease. The big belly can increases the blockage in your heart thus leading to a heart attack. So, start exercising to reduce the excess fat in your belly and of course eat healthy foods.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Of course yes, having a big beer belly is something that some people should try as much as possible to avoid getting to suffer from because of the consequences it comes with. There is this tenant who lives in the same yard flat apartment with me whom his belly is so big to the extent it gets impossible for him to drive his car without having difficulty with the steering wheel and his big stomach. He will have to adjust the car seat backwards in order to accommodate his belly. He even has serious difficulty with his breath most times and he sleep too much.

T

Tehilah27

Having a big "beer" belly does not always have to do with the consumption of beer. I know someone who detests beer but he looks like he has twins in his belly. He has bad eating habits and lives a sedentary life. No amount of exercise will get rid of a beer belly if one's eating habits remain poor. I do not have a beer belly but I do not have a firm belly either. I'm trying hard to make it as firm as possible.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
Yeah, and what's worse is that some people are actually more predisposed to it than others. Those with good metabolism might encounter it after 30 years old!

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I am so happy to declare that I don't have a beer belly. My father used to have a beer belly in his forties. When he knew that he has diabetes he then stopped drinking beer and become trim.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff