• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC debut of Ben Askren

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Undefeated MMA fighter Ben Askren will make his maiden appearance in the octagon of UFC in the UFC 235 featuring the main event bout of Jones vs Smith on March 3. Askren will square off with former UFC welterweight and currently #6 contender Robbie Lawler. From One FC, Askren has moved to UFC with his 18-0 fight record to be tested by Lawler who sports a fight record of 27-12. It can be remembered that Lawler lost the title to current champion Tyron Woodley who will be facing Usman Kamaru as the co-main event of UFC 235.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Even being the underdog, Robbie Lawler showed his strength by mauling the undefeated newcomer to the UFC octagon. Bloodied and looking defeated, Askren came back with a grappling style to position for a neck choke. Askren's arm was actually not on the neck but referee Herb Dean stopped the fight. He thought that Lawler was already out with a limp arm. As Askren disengaged, Lawler immediately protested to show that he was wide awake. It was a sad end but the referee's decision has to be respected. Askren has maintained his unblemished record.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Robbie Lawler had calmly accepted the referee's decision but he was hinting on a possible rematch with Askren to settle the score once and for all. UFC president Dana White is also amenable to the rematch because he knows that it is big money considering that it was a good fight until that moment when referee Herb Dean stopped the fight. Askren was mauled with a bloody face and it looked like sheer luck that he was able to maneuver a position for the choke. I also think that a rematch is fair not only for Lawler but also for the fans.