• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Going back to workout after a long vacation from the gym

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My nephew was asking me what he should do when he goes back to the gym. He was doing his workout 3 times a week but since December he had failed to drop by the gym due to the heavy workload of his job. Now he moved to another company with a more convenient work schedule so he is planning to go back to the gym.

My advice is to do his usual workout little by little. Observe what the body is telling you. An example is the basic push up that if you were doing 40 regularly then you can start with maybe 20. But if feel the 20 is so difficult then you can stop at 15 or even at 10. Just don't push your body too hard in the first week.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sometimes you are tempted to pick up where you left off, but you should be careful because you could hurt yourself, or watch getting to sore that you will want to give up on the gym all together. You should lower your expectations, because you will be kind of rusty as well - so I would suggest to be careful and take it easy at first.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have kind of observed that most gym centers are always scanty during December or Christmas holidays. It's most likely as a result of the Christian celebration which makes people stay away or have less time to gym and as a matter of fact they tend to add lots of weight coming the new month - January.