• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC 236 - Max Holloway vs Dustin Porier

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway will be fighting in the lightweight division against Dustin Porier for an attempt to be a double champion even if the fight is only for the interim champion. Holloway holds the record of most consecutive wins of 13 in his division with a fight record of 20-3 while Porier sports a 24-5 record. The fight is actually a rematch because Porier had defeated Holloway in the first round in 2012 that spoiled the UFC debut of Holloway. Porier’s last fight was a win over former UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez in a brutal fight. The fight will be held on April 14 in

C

Caguioa747

Banned
Holloway has some of the better multi layered striking defense in the sport but his real asset is his ability to adapt. Ortega and Aldo were able to catch him clean with shots but after these shots landed, Holloway read their entries and managed to mostly avoid the later ones of the same type. For example, Ortega landed a lovely reverse elbow and spinning elbow early on, but later on Ortega tried again and missed both techniques as Holloway recognized what he was doing.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Max Holloway is -235 favorite in the betting odds while Porier is at +200. The fight for the interim lightweight belt of the UFC will be held in Atlanta, Georgia. My personal choice is Holloway for his flurries and barrage of punches that Brian Ortega had failed to neutralize. There’s also the stamina of Holloway that Porier may not be able to match in their 5-round fight. Both may be heavy punchers but it's the volume that would count in the end and that is Holloway.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The expected fireworks started right in the first round with heavy shots from Porier and flurries from Holloway. In the 3rd round it was evident that Porier has the harder shots although Holloway was successful with his relentless attack and barrage of punches. But in the end it was Porier who emerged winner by unanimous decision maybe by inflicting more damages on Holloway. Porier earned the interim belt of the lightweight division and he is poised to meet champion Khabib Nurmagomedov upon the end of the champion’s suspension.