• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBO middleweight title fight - Jaime Munguia vs. Dennis Hogan

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arena Monterrey in Nuevo Leon, Mexico is the venue of the WBO middleweight title fight on April 13. Champion Jaime Munguia will defend his crown against challenger Dennis Hogan. Golden Boy Promotions is handling the fight of Munguia who is undefeated and is a dreaded knockout artist with 26 KOs of his 32 wins. Hogan has a fight record of 28-1-1 with 7 KOs. Obviously Munguia is the favorite in the betting odds because of his attractive fight record.

C

Caguioa747

Banned
I know people are getting annoyes that munguia isnt fighting the elite in the division. But the dude is so young and inexperienced. At least he is fighting decent ish opponents in the top 20. And fighting really really regularly as well.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw Munguia’s last fight against the Japanese Takeshi Inoue and I’d say Munguia needs more experience. Inoue was successful with his overhand right that somehow paralyzed Munguia that he failed to get a knockout. And although the champion retained his WBO belt by unanimous decision, that win was not impressive enough to merit him a fight with the real champions in the middleweight division.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Challenger Dennis Hogan proved the betting odds wrong but he was not able to convince the judges when champion Jaime Munguia was given a majority decision win on 116-112, 115-113 and 114-114. Munguia improved his record to 33 wins but his last 2 bouts were decision wins only that his luster in knockout seemed to be missing. Regarding the fight, Munguia admitted that he thought it might have been a draw.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is a protest by the losing Dennis Hogan on the close win of WBO junior middleweight Jaime Munguia. Aside from the questionable judging scores, the camp of Hogan was also questioning why there was no post-fight drug testing. The quick reply from the WBO is that Munguia was clean and had no record so it is not an issue. However, the WBO official said that they will have the fight video reviewed by experts in boxing. Let us see if they find something amiss in the scoring.