• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Electrolyte Imbalance

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My brother-in-law was hospitalized for his over-exertion with his workout. He is obese and the prescription was diet and exercise so he went to the gym. He almost collapsed due to exhaustion and dehydration. According to the physician, he had an electrolyte imbalance. From what I understand, it was lack of body fluids and when he drinks lots of water his stomach bloats. Maybe that is a lesson that we should be aware of the body fluids that we need to drink every once in a while even in small quantity.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Naturally, we give off electrolytes whenever we exercise or urinate because they are found within bodily fluids -- blood, urine, and sweat. But we gain these nutrients from eating a different kind of foods and drink fluids. Electrolyte plays many crucial roles in our body from heartbeat regulation and muscle contraction which allows us to move. But when sickness hit us or we take medications or experience dehydration we will have an electrolyte imbalance. So, we need not forget to get water when we plan to exercise so that if we feel dehydrated we can still maintain the usual number of our electrolytes.