• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How do those suffering from Diabetes deal with having few meals to eat?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One sad thing about suffering from Diabetes is that you meal varieties would be limited to certain foods in order to help control your sugar.

For one who use to eat far and wide, how would he or she deal with having just few meals to eat from?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My brother-in-law who was recently discovered to be diabetes is now struggling with the diet because of the restrictions on the kind of food that he could eat. His daughter who is a juvenile diabetic has been 18 years with the diet. She said that her father would get used to the diabetic diet in a few months. To be frank, I pity the diabetics because all the nice foods are not good for them like the sweets and rice. For a workout, they couldn’t do heavy workouts either for the blood sugar would dip and they might experience hypoglycemia which can be fatal sometimes.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seriously, it's one of the most annoying illnesses I've ever seen in my life because it makes life and living a miserable reality to anyone who is suffering from the illness diabetes. A sickness which limits what you eat, good food which you can eat in order to have a healthy lifestyle will be excluded as a result of the illness. Sometimes, I think the meal restrictions makes it hard for one to cope being diabetic. It's only my grandmother who is suffering diabetes in my family, although she is very old at the moment, so it's kind of expected but she is responding to treatment properly.

G

GuestHu

Banned
It is indeed hard to apply diet or restricted food consumption necessary to have a healthy lifestyle. But it can be done through discipline, prayers, and encouragement from others. Do it slowly and gradually. Little by little, lessen the food on a plate. Allow the body to adjust and with patience, the person can get used to it and successfully avoid eating a big amount of food especially those foods that contain high cholesterol.

C

Concentrix

Sometimes, the environment can influence someone's action so for the diabetic try getting along with the people who value a healthy diet. Healthy individuals might encourage and help people with diabetes to eat healthy foods and do exercises regularly and gradually.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The person will get used to it sooner. Also, the diabetic person could learn making new dishes with natural spices that is healthy and recommend for them. For example, using parsley in most dishes will still give the taste buds a good feeling. Even adding natural chilli will help someone enjoy a boring dish.