• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Food for bodybuilding natural style?

• Thread starter MuscleMecca Crew
  • Start date
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
If you want to be a natural bodybuilder you need to really focus on diet and natural bodybuilding supplements and powders.. It is a more challenging method of bodybuilding for sure but maybe Maca Root Powder can help?

Natural bodybuilder

When it comes to the best natural bodybuilding supplements on the market, two ingredients stand out.
The first is hemp seeds or hemp seed powder shows up in many of them because of it's incredibly high percentage of protein - 24% by weight.
And second is Maca powder, which natural bodybuilder rave about.
Looking into the nutritional details of Maca, I discovered a very good reason for this.

Why Natural Bodybuilders Love Maca Powder From Peru

I uncovered 7 major reasons why people interested in building their bodies naturally use and recommend Maca Powder.

Maca raises energy in a balanced way - Let's face it, if you want to build your body, you've got to exercise and move and to do that you need energy.
One of Maca's properties is that it increases energy, but it does so in a balanced manner, unlike caffeine, carbohydrates, or sugar.
This increases your endurance and muscular stamina, allowing you to work out for longer and more intensely.
Interestingly, a boost in energy is one of the reasons people indigenous to the Peruvian Andes have traditionally used Maca.
Maca promotes faster muscle recovery at high altitudes where oxygen is scarce.
Maca nutritional profile

Maca powder contains 4 grams of protein per tablespoon and is a good source of quality protein.
Natural bodybuilders disagree on how much protein a person should consume on a daily basis, but the average recommendation is 1.5 grams per 1 KG of body weight.
If you weigh 60 kg, for example, you would consume approximately 90 grams of protein.
This figure is based on animal proteins, which are more difficult for the body to digest.
Vegetarian bodybuilders need to consume less protein because the body breaks down plant proteins easier.
Maca, although not nearly has high as hemp seeds in quantity, is indeed a high quality source of vegan based protein.
In addition to the other benefits of Maca, just 2 tablespoons per day provides 8 grams of protein.

Maca is anabolic - The word "anabolic" itself means "building up muscle," and that's something Maca helps to do.
Several of the natural bodybuilders I researched attest to this fact.
"My day always starts with a protein shake, which typically consists of a vegetarian protein source like rice, pea, or hemp protein, or some combination of the three. Blend 30-40 grams of protein in 8oz of organic coconut milk and 8-12 oz water. I also add a banana, some mixed frozen berries, a Tbsp of cacao nibs, and 2 Tbsp maca powder to naturally increase my testosterone to build more muscle," says Jeff Anderson of naturalbodybuildingtips.

Maca balances hormones for both men and women - Maca works as an adaptogen, which means that it adapts to the needs of a specific body based on health condition and gender.
Because it stimulates the production of balanced levels of appropriate hormones: testosterone for men and estrogen for women, both men and women can benefit from taking Maca for increased athletic performance and bodybuilding.
That makes Maca unique among all supplements for muscle building.

Maca reduces the size of the prostate - Studies have shown that Red Maca in particular reduces the size of the prostate gland.
This is especially important for older men.
It is also critical for any male who has ever used steroids of any kind.
Steroids enlarge the prostate, which can lead to some life threatening consequences.
Taking Red Maca seems to help the situation.

Maca is suitable for vegan and raw food vegan bodybuilders - There are some amazingly accomplished natural bodybuilders who've created their strength exclusively through raw food vegan foods.
Except for gelatinized maca, high-quality maca is always vegan (unless in gelatin capsules) and raw (not heated).

Is Maca Effective as a Muscle Gain Supplement?

Although Maca has been used for over 3000 years, dating back to Incan warriors who used it in training and battle preparation, it only became known outside of Peru in the 1980s.
Since then natural bodybuilders and athletes have used it in their training.
Here are a couple of examples:

Stephen Alrin (a.k.a. Thor Bazler), author of "Raw Power - The Power of Raw Foods, Upwerfoos, and Naturally Building Strength and Muscle," has been using Maca for years and incorporates it into all of his natural raw food bodybuilding supplements.

According to Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, "many bodybuilders have long relied on the natural power of Maca tuber instead of artificial steroids. Maca naturally stimulates the body's own production of testosterone and it gives visible results in strength and endurance sport."

Peter Ragnar, a 100% raw vegan who has performed various world-class feats of strength, told us that he has gained significant strength by using Maca and hemp seed powder.

Finally, Bijan Anjomi, who captured the title of "Mr. Universe - Natural Division" three times - in the years 1993 and 1994 at ages 51 and 52 - - and finally in 2003 at age 60, did so as a vegan and taking Maca.

Maca is now also making it's way into the mainstream.
Here's what Dr. Oz had to say about it on Oprah's website:
"In the mountains, Peruvian tribesmen get energy by sucking on maca (Lepidium meyenii) plants. This turnip- or radish-shaped vegetable from the mustard family has been used as food and medicine, to promote endurance and improve energy, vitality, sexual virility, and even fertility. The data on its increased energy effects appear strong, but the reported side effect is insomnia."

How Much Maca Should You Eat For Natural Bodybuilding?

Most bodybuilders and athletes I know and speak with consume 1 to 3 tablespoons of Maca per day.
A kilo (2.2 lbs.) of Maca powder will last 45-60 days at those levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charmean

We should be aware of whatever we intake because it can also have dangerous side-effects.

J

JivanM

Exactly I also want to follow those steps for body building. Thanks for the thread.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

This is so educational. I cut down on junk and processed foodstuff when I started taking my routine more seriously. I love natural food because it is more healthy. I love my yams and millet too. I do not like taking in food that I haven't prepared myself. I make sure I cook it in little oil too. I am sure if we watch what we eat, we will have better results. Remember you are what you consume.

luri

luri

Banned
Here is a recipe that I and my friends have tried. This recipe is so simple that anyone can try and it is also one of the cheapest natural diets for strength and stamina. Soak 100 grams chickpea overnight. In the morning, drain the water and add two teaspoons of jaggery. Mix jaggery and chickpea and eat this food every morning. Chickpea contains a lot of protein and jaggary contain variety of minerals and amino acids.

A

Athanas

Plant proteins such as beans, groundnuts and soya beans play a vital role in building the body and fueling it with energy.

loveofbodybuilding

loveofbodybuilding

I fully endorse this as jaggery is packed with energy. Sesame ladoos that are made adding jaggery is one other such natural diet.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I fully endorse this as jaggery is packed with energy. Sesame ladoos that are made adding jaggery is one other such natural diet.
What the hell is jaggery?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

L

lokielovesbunny

Jaggery is the natural sugar made of sugarcane. they squeeze the sugarcane and collect the juice which later can be boiled. then it started changing its color from slightest green to red, than they leave it, they let them dry after that small pieces like a brick they cut into. its better the sugar since its natural process.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How is using supplements a natural way?
I thought only using natural foods qualifies to be called a natural way of bodybuilding.

Potatoes, meat, eggs, maize, porridge, apples and many other variety of foods can help build the body in a natural way. African food especially is the best because most men here have bodies built without ever needing supplements or drugs or gym.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
loveofbodybuilding

loveofbodybuilding

At the end of the day it is the food that one takes nourishes the body. It is not always that the tongue works in tandem with the stomach. The tongue should therefore listen to the stomach as it is the stomach that decides what is good and what is bad for one's body