• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bellator 228 – MacDonald vs Fitch

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With the Bellator welterweight title at stake on April 27, former UFC top contender Rory Macdonald vows to defeat Jon Fitch via knockout. Macdonald failed in his bid for the UFC welterweight title when he lost to Robbie Lawler in the 5th round. He has a fight record of 20-5 while Fitch has a record of 31-7-1. The fight will be held at SAP Center, San Jose, California.

C

Caguioa747

Banned
On paper, Rory is the better fighter. Younger, better striker, hits harder, and can handle himself in scrambles and on the ground. I just wonder if he really still wants it. He doesn't seem passionate about the sport anymore (though to be fair, seeing passion out of him in general is rare). And he's coming off the first time where he just had his ass plainly kicked. It will be interesting to see how he bounces back.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With the Bellator welterweight championship at stake, Rory MacDonald is the favorite in the betting odds maybe because of Fitch’s age. Being 40 is old for a fighter and the stamina will be questionable when it comes to the later rounds. I guess I have to go with the tide that MacDonald will win by a stoppage unless Fitch would do something drastic in the earlier rounds of the fight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The expected fireworks did not appear in the championship fight and even if MacDonald had retained his Bellator welterweight title, it’s no big deal because it was a majority draw which means 2 judges scored the fight even. The audience was not happy with the way the fight went and the description is boring. Fitch looked better than MacDonald in the fight but there still were no substantial moves to give him a good score.