• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is it okay to skip dinner?

R

rheez95

I always skip dinner. Eleven hours in school is very tiring and stressing. So when I get home, I barely have the energy to eat. I just drink a lot of water and then go to sleep. But I think it's just okay to skip dinner.

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Fasting supposed to be good for insulin sensitivity.
But I would be sure u getting proper nutrition from other meals and enough protien and proper carbs... depending on lots of things the rest matters.

I would at least include a protien drink so your muscles stay feeding during sleep

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For those with issues in the digestive system like gastritis, skipping dinner is not a good idea. But I have to agree that fasting at night is effective not only in losing weight but also in controlling the blood sugar. The so called “after-six” diet where you do not eat anything after 6 pm is proven to be the key in losing weight without much hardship because you can eat anything and as much as you want before 6 pm.

J

jackhupharma

skipping dinner is not good deal for muscle build , my friend . The best way is to take a excise after dinners

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
Ideally in order to build muscle mass you gotta eat constantly! Just gotta make sure it's healthy food obviously. With protein.

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I have skipped dinner for months now and it has made my health and body better. I was advised by a doctor that its better not to eat dinner so that the stomach can also rest at night.

J

jackhupharma

I have skipped dinner for months now and it has made my health and body better. I was advised by a doctor that its better not to eat dinner so that the stomach can also rest at night.
Yes , you are right ;)

C

Concentrix

It's okay to skip dinner if you really have no time cooking or eating food or exhausted and no energy to prepare your dinner. I also skip dinner because I have no time and also tired from working out. However, it will be bad if you are underweight. It is better to eat dinner, containing healthy food so that your body can attain a healthy body, a healthy brain and of course prolong your life.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
If you do skip dinner, have a protein shake (preferably casein since it is slow acting) before bed. Your body will go into 'starvation mode' if you go too long without eating and store fat for energy.

L

lokielovesbunny

I think skipping dinner is not a good idea at least some amount of solid diet should be taken before bed, because this can be reason of acidity this is the major problem that every next person facing, its better to organised your diet in such way, that no meal of a day should be skipped, fasting is different thing all together,

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

D-mack66

I always skip dinner. Eleven hours in school is very tiring and stressing. So when I get home, I barely have the energy to eat. I just drink a lot of water and then go to sleep. But I think it's just okay to skip dinner.

Just drink a nutritional drink like breakfast essentials or boost. buy em at walmart for cheap

A

Athanas

I don't think if it is okay to skip any meal, especially when you are a bodybuilder.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its okay to skip dinner since you don't need a lot of energy during the night.But you must ensure that you eat well in the morning and during the day.I think doing that is healthy but you can try having dinner some days.

luri

luri

Banned
Generally speaking, you have stop eating 4 hours before you go to bed. If you sleep at 10 you should not eat after 6 in the evening. Skipping dinner is perfectly fine as long as you had a heavy lunch or snacks in the afternoon.

L

lokielovesbunny

I don't think you should avoid dinner, as skipping dinner can be a uncomfortable sometimes , as it can wake you at mid-night , its better to eat something healthy rather than skipping the meal, opt oats, or maybe fruits or diet full of fiber not you will get the decent sleep but will increase your energy level as well.

A

Athanas

Nutritionists recommend that small meals should be consumed regularly throughout the day. In this regard, I would say that it is not proper to miss dinner.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A nephew of my wife is into a diet of not having dinner. He said that it is effective to lose weight for him. In 1 month he had lost 5 kilos (that’s 11 pounds) with no effort at all. He got hungry in the first nights but he got used to not having dinner after a week. Now he said that he had no more appetite to eat at night so skipping dinner is a good diet.

My take on that is what if he needs to gain weight?