• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight title - Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz, Jr

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Every boxing fan is aware of the upcoming defense of Anthony Joshua for his heavyweight belts in IBF, WBA and WBO league against challenger Andy Ruiz, Jr. It is expected for Joshua to be the heavy favorite in the betting odds with his fight record of 22 wins with 21 KOs and no defeat while the Mexican challenger sports a record of 32-1 with 21 KOs. The fight will be held at the Madison Square Garden in New York on June 1.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As per the prediction of the challenger, he would shock the pundits. Ruiz was knocked down in the 3rd round but when he stood up he too got a vengeance which dropped Joshua twice in the same round. In the 7th round, Joshua was again knocked down twice and that signaled the end as the referee stopped the fight. The previously undefeated heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua had lost his WBA, IBF, and WBO titles to the new champion Andy Ruiz, Jr who is the first Mexican heavyweight champion.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have read a news report that Anthony Joshua got knocked out in his sparring with Joey Dawejko before the bout with Andy Ruiz, Jr. One pundit said that Joshua’s face showed evidence of that knockout punch and he may not be mentally ready for the big fight. There are also talks that Joshua’s trainer father had wanted to pull him out of the fight but it cannot be because of the big damage to the promoters. Oh well, let us wait and see if the truth will come out.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Andy Ruiz may have heard the talks of the rematch with former champion Joshua. Ruiz expressed his agreement to a rematch provided the purse is 50 million USD. It's quite a sum but I think boxing promoters in London will be interested because a rematch will give Joshua a chance to regain the lost heavyweight belt.