• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

French Open 2019

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is your take on the ongoing French Open at Roland Garros? It looks like the favorites are at it again although there are dark horses to speak of. In the men’s, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are the crowd favorites although Novak Djokovic is setting his sight on the cup for an upset. Naomi Osaka and Simona Halep seemed to be struggling with their games although they are not out yet.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just like the first round when top seed and world #1 Naomi Osaka struggled to prevail over Anna Karolina Schmiedlova after trailing 0-6 in the first set, this time Osaka trailed 4-6 in the first set. It was a good game for unseeded Victoria Azarenka with a second set loss of 5-7 until the 3rd set when she collapsed. The consistent game of Osaka earned her a last set of 6-3 to advance to the 3rd round (of 32).

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Croatian Petra Mertic outlasted the grit and guts of second seed Karolina Pliskova to win by 6-3, 6-3. Mertic is seeded 31st and the upset was not really expected by the crowd. Many are wondering why the faltering game of Pliskova who seemed to be intimidated by the offensive shots of Mertic that in the end the gutsy Croatian prevailed.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Women’s world #1 in tennis falls to the gutsy Katerina Siniakova in 2 sets of 6-4 and 6-2. It seems that Naomi Osaka had lost her touch after trailing in the first set and that she failed to recover from the unforced errors. The tournament is now bereft of the #1 seed and also of #2 seed Pliskova. On the other side, #1 seed Novak Djokovic lived up to his billing by trashing Salvatore Caruso in 3 sets of 6-3, 6-3, 6-2.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The 31st seed Petra Martic is on a roll after beating the 2nd seed Pliskova. In the 3rd round, after giving the first set to Kaia Kanepi (7-5), Martic again showed her consistency on the court and cruised to a 6-4, 6-2 for the 2nd and 3rd set. She will face unseeded Marketa Vondrousova in the quarterfinals on Tuesday, June 4. It looks like Martic is getting to be a crowd favorite with her fine game.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The men’s matches went well that all the semifinalists are seeded (from 1st to 4th). Seeded #3 Roger Federer will face off with #2 seed Rafael Nadal while the #1 seed Novak Djokovic will square off with #4 seed Dominic Thiem. As for the women’s only the #8 seed Ashleigh Barty is the highest seeded in the semifinals to face 17-year old Amanda Anisimova while on the other court is the match of giant-killer Johanna Konta versus unseeded Marketa Vondrousova.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nadal enters the finals by a shutout of Federer. Ongoing is the semifinals between #1 Djokovic and 4 Thiem. The winner will meet Nadal in the finals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ashleigh Barty takes the women's crown with a 6-1, 6-3 beating of unseeded teener Marketa Vondrousova. In the men's finals Rafael Nadal will contest the title against 4th seed Dominic Thiem who defeated #1 seed Novak Djokovic in a close game of 2-6, 6-3, 5-7, 7-5, 5-7. Truly the seeded #1 in the women's and men's seemed to be hexed.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Giant-killer seed #4 Dominic Thiem failed to live up to expectation and lost in the finals against 2nd seed Rafeal Nadal who played consistent tennis until the end. The scores of 6-3, 5-7, 6-1, 6-1 clearly showed the collapse of Thiem who had a fighting chance after 2 sets but in the 3rd canto Nadal was able to maintain his play that gave him the 6-1, 6-1 in the last 2 sets. As sportsmen would say, it’s a nice game and better luck next time to the loser.