• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBA junior bantamweight title - Khalid Yafai vs. Norbelto Jimenez

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Undefeated Khalid Yafai will face Norberto Jimenez on June 29 in Providence, Rhode for the WBA super flyweight title. It will be the 5th defense of Yafai of the title that he won in 2016. The champion has 25 wins and 15 KOs while the challenger from the Dominican Republic has a fight record of 29-8 and 16 KOs.

O

Olaf

This is an opportunity of a lifetime for Yafai. This will be the fight that determines if he will get the unification bouts and other huge shows he has been eyeing for a while.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems Yafai has no choice but to win if he wants a shot at those big names.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems Yafai has no choice but to win if he wants a shot at those big names.

M

Maestro

He has come too for to fall now. So as Hova said, he has no choice but to win.

O

Olaf

I know Yafai needs to win this one really bad, but Jimenez is not going to make it easy for him.

M

Maestro

I know Yafai needs to win this one really bad, but Jimenez is not going to make it easy for him.

Well, I guess that is what's going to make this fight very entertaining.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can say that it was a one-sided but quite exciting bout and the final nail for the unanimous decision victory of the undefeated champion was the knockdown of Jimenez in the 12th round. The fitting finale gave credence to the claim of Yafai that he could face the more popular fighters in his division.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The KO in the final round was more of a push than a punch. I'm surprised the referee ruled it a knockout. Jimenez was obviously nervous about the fight. I guess I'm just glad he stood stood his ground, even though he lost.