• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Push ups with little weights

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My cousin is 50 years old with a trim figure. He said that he is doing 50 push ups 4 times. In between the push ups, he lifts small weights of 5 pounds. I guess that is good for the older guys so that pulled muscle can be avoided. This morning I did only 35 push ups for I did not get a good night’s sleep. But maybe I will do 35 again this afternoon.

Jayson

Jayson

Re: Push ups with a little weights

Well, I know one thing for sure, the more natural the better. In fact, machines are the worst - so calisthenics, dumbbells, and free-weights would be advisable. Anyway, I do dumbbells most of the time. Well, I'd like to avoid machines completely, but I have back problems.

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

My cousin is 50 years old with a trim figure. He said that he is doing 50 push ups 4 times. In between the push ups, he lifts small weights of 5 pounds. I guess that is good for the older guys so that pulled muscle can be avoided. This morning I did only 35 push ups for I did not get a good night’s sleep. But maybe I will do 35 again this afternoon.
Push ups are a great way to build strength and muscle.
Incorporate a few different types and do them just like you would working out chest at the gym. 3-4sets but higher reps.
You can also do them in supersets with another body part.
Regular pushups
Military
Wide grip pushups
Decline or feet on the back of a chair
Diamonds
You can stagger your hands..
Pushups are very underrated

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Push ups are a great way to build strength and muscle.
Incorporate a few different types and do them just like you would working out chest at the gym. 3-4sets but higher reps.
You can also do them in supersets with another body part.
Regular pushups
Military
Wide grip pushups
Decline or feet on the back of a chair
Diamonds
You can stagger your hands..
Pushups are very underrated

Thanks for the advice. Today I did 40 push ups and I think I could do up to 50 but I did not force it for I may have a pulled muscle again. Maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling this good then I would do 42 and increase every day until I reach 50. When I was younger I could do pushup with 1 hand but not anymore.

Jayson

Jayson

When I was taking tae-kwon-do, calisthenics was all there was - cause, well, for one thing, there simply wasn't any weights at the simple dojo - which was, in fact, at first, a garage! Anyway, just from calisthenics alone - I got way tougher looking. Nonetheless, though, my legs and certain other body parts still needed work. Well, that was the case at my first go-around - when I was only a high school freshman.

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned

I was doing push ups before. I am encouraged by your post to do push ups again. When I was in high school, I can do 100 push ups a day. But as of today I can hardly reach even up to ten push ups.

Jayson

Jayson

I was doing push ups before. I am encouraged by your post to do push ups again. When I was in high school, I can do 100 push ups a day. But as of today I can hardly reach even up to ten push ups.

My guess is that someone who can lift weights - could also do calisthenics; however, I could be wrong. Does anyone feel there is a major difference in push-ups, sit-ups etc. and equivalent dumbbell/free weight exercises? Well, I do know anything is better than machines.

C

Concentrix

Increasing muscle strength requires lifting heavy equipment. So it is okay to use dumbbell in push ups if simple push up does not challenge the person enough. Though for me, I cannot do push up with dumbbell because I am still struggling in doing 30 push ups a day. Perhaps, I might one day use it if I am comfortable pushing my body up.

L

lokielovesbunny

Yes! sure push up with little weight on, is a best way to challenge yourself to go extra mile, it increases the stamina level of your body and a way to check your endurance. But I think doing more push-up without weight is far better than doing less with weights. because what most matter in exercise is the consistency of your workout that gives shape and power to yourself. Rest its completely an individual choice to go with.

A

Athanas

For faster increase in muscle tone, I think it is good to do push ups and squats with some weights.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff