• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rogers Cup tennis tournament

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The WTA Rogers Cup started rolling in Toronto, Canada. Caroline Wozniacki is the first seeded player to win over Yulia Putintseva in straight sets of 6-4, 6-2 in the round of 64. In the men’s singles, Stan Wawrinka also won by straight sets of 6-4, 6-4. Seeded #1 are Rafael Nadal in the men’s and Ashleigh Barty in the women’s singles. Don’t forget Simona Halep who is the Wimbledon champion. She is seeded #4.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top seed and French Open winner Ashleigh Barty bowed to Sofia Kenin 6-7, 6-3, 6-4 leaving Naomi Osaka as the flag bearer for the seeded players. Sentimental favorite Maria Sharapova was eliminated by Anett Kontaveit 6-4, 3-6, 4-6. Wimbledon champion Simona Halep trounced Jennifer Brady in a close 3-set match of 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 in the round of 32.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dominic Thiem, the #2 seed, defeated #14 seed Marin Cilic in the round of 16 in 2 sets 7-6, 6-4. In the women’s, #2 seed Naomi Osaka won by retirement over an injured Tatjana Maria in 1 set of 6-2 in round 32. Serena Williams also advanced to the next round after trouncing Elise Mertens 6-3, 6-3.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the men’s matches, top seed Rafael Nadal had an easy win over Guido Pella 6-3, 6-4. Top seed for the women Naomi Osaka had a hard time in beating sturdy Iga Swiatek. In the quarterfinals, Rafael Nadal will square off with Fabio Fognini while in the women’s, Osaka will be facing #8 Serena Williams. Other players in the quarterfinals are #3 seed Karolina Pliskova and #4 Simona Halep for the women’s while for the men’s, #2 seed Dominic Thiem and #3 Alexander Zverev will also see action.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems that the seeded players in the women’s side have been waylaid. Naomi Osaka was defeated by #8 Serena Williams 6-3, 6-4 while #3 Karolina Pliskova was beaten by Bianca Andreescu. Wimbledon champion and #4 seed Simona Halep also gave up by retirement to Marie Bouzkova. In the men’s single only #1 seed Rafael Nadal remains standing. Seed #2 Dominic Thiem succumbed to Daniil Medvedev 6-3, 6-1 while #3 seed Alexander Zverev bowed to Karen Khachanov 6-3, 6-3.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The semi-finals have begun with #1 seed Rafael Nadal facing Gael Monfils while in the other court seed #6 Karen Khachanov squares off with #8 seed Daniil Medvedev. In the women’s court, Serena Williams and Marie Bouzkova will fight for the finals slot and the other semi-finalists are Sofia Kenin versus Bianca Andreescu. The top seeds have gone and only #8 seed Serena is left on the court while in the men only Nadal is seeded.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The cast for the finals of the Rogers Cup has been completed. Top seed Rafael Nadal defeated Gael Monfils by retirement. He will face Daniil Medvedev who bested Karen Khachanov 6-1, 7-6. In the women’s singles, #8 seed Serena Williams needed 3 sets of 1-6, 6-3, 6-3 to dispose of Marie Bouzkova. Her opponent in the finals is unseeded Bianca Andreescu who defeated Sofia Kenin 6-4, 7-6.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was a fitting finale in the women’s single when Bianca Andreescu claimed the Rogers Gup by retirement of Serena Williams due to injury. The teenage Canadian was unseeded and it was a great win for her country. In the men’s single, top seed Rafael Nadal proved his prowess by trashing Daniil Medvedev in 2 sets of 6-3, 6-0 to claim the Rogers Cup.