• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Working Out with Silence

Jayson

Jayson

I never understood why people need music playing. Anyway, who can work out with silence? Who can work out with silence while doing high intensity workouts? Anyway, the key to this method is concentration. Since there's no music, you have to concentrate on something - but it's not difficult to do.

Myself, if I often concentrate on something I'm studying. For instance, science or math formula memorization works - and also music patterns.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like what you said about people doing the workout with music, I am not comfortable with it. But we cannot discount the fact that there are so many music lovers. There is one park that I used to go during early morning weekends. Most of the joggers have earphones and more likely there was music in their ears to accompany them in their slow run. But ironically, I have composed several exercise songs that maybe in the future would see light in the airwaves.

C

Concentrix

All of us have their own preferences. Some people like hiking. Some people like hitting the gym. Some people prefer running. However, there are various studies that showed adding lively music in your workout routine to improve the quality of exercise. It relieves boredom and puts you in a better mood. Upbeat music seemingly motivates you to work harder and longer.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think sometimes people need some motivation before they can get into a workout mode - I think the thing about workout music, is the tempo or speed of the music, and how much rhythm response you get from the music that makes you want to dance.

A

Athanas

It always a nice thing to be motivated with music when working out.

S

SolidSa

Bro, having good and loud music is a must for heavy workouts. Wear a good headset and blast some heavy bass music. You would easily lift twice as hard. This is the secret for many pros including Phil heath, he listens hip-hop while training and even shared his workout playlist, checkout his Instagram account.?????

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can workout with silence but it is very boring and draining. It is good to work out with music in the background. This way, you can workout for long without feeling lazy and bored.

A

Athanas

Listening to music while working out helps boost morale. Some people prefer music, while others are okay with a silent work out.