• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2018 World Rugby Breakthrough Player of the Year Used Multiple Steroids

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Aphiwe Dyantyi vehemently denied intentionally using steroids after anti-doing officials found three prohibited substances in an anti-doping sample collected this summer.
Aphiwe Dyantyi, a 25-year old professional rugby player for the South Africa national team (Springboks), has failed an anti-doping test after officials discovered “multiple anabolic steroids and metabolites” in his urine sample. The sample was collected during an unannounced drug test at the Springboks training camp on July 2, 2019.
Dyantyi vehemently denied ever knowingly using any type of prohibited substance.

“I want to deny ever taking any prohibited substance, intentionally or negligently, to enhance my performance on the field,” Dyantyi insisted earlier this month. “I have never cheated and never will. The presence of this prohibited substance in my body has come as a massive shock to me.”

Dianabol, methyltestosterone and Ligandrol are the drugs allegedly used by Dyantyi.

The banned substances in question were identified as the anabolic steroids metandienone (Dianabol) and methyltestosterone, and the selective androgen receptor modulator LGD-4033 (Ligandrol). All three substances fall under the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Class S1 Category of Prohibited Substances.
The South African Institute for Drug Free Sport (SAIDS) provisionally suspended Dyantyi after his “A” sample came back positive on August 13, 2019. Dyantyi was formally charged with an anti-doping rules violation (ADRV) after his “B” samples confirmed the presence of prohibited performance-enhancing substances on August 30, 2019.
Dyantyi faces a four-year period of ineligibility for the ADRV under the World Anti-Doping Code (WADC). The suspension would effectively disqualify Dyantyi from representing South Africa at the 2023 Rugby World Cup hosted in France.
The 25-year old rugby player made his debut with the South African national rugby team last year. He was the recipient of the prestigious World Rugby Breakthrough Player of the Year in 2018. Dyantyi’s future looked especially bright prior to his doping problems.
Dyantyi will have an opportunity to appeal the ruling in approximately four weeks. But he faces an uphill battle if he intends to prove the three anabolic substances were unknowingly consumed.