• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Trans teen beats eating disorder to triumph in bodybuilding contest

• Thread starter Bodybuilding News
  • Start date
Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

A transgender teenager has triumphed in a bodybuilding competition just years after beating a dangerous eating disorder. Alex Tilinca, 18, hit rock bottom in 2016, after developing an eating disorder that saw him consume only one meal every 24 hours and weigh himself up to four times a day. But the Long Islander turned his life around and competed against cisgender bodybuilders at the Victor Martinez’s Legends Bodybuilding Competition in New York on August 24. After clinching first place in ‘Teen Classic Physique’ and second place in ‘Novice Classic Physique’ and ‘Junior Classic Physique’, he wants to use his success to show the world that trans people ‘are not victims’ and can do anything they set their minds to. Growing up, Alex said he knew something was ‘really wrong deep down’. He told Metro.co.uk: ‘I didn’t really understand how I felt but I just didn’t want to have anything to do with being a female.

Transteen

Click here for this bodybuilding news source:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concentrix

Wow, an inspiring article for the LGBTQ community that they can combat their mental health issues through bodybuilding. Hopefully, this kid will continually join bodybuilding competitions to inspire trans or non-straight people to do the same or do something they can to prove that their gender is not a hindrance in attaining their life goals.