• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBA junior welterweight title - Mario Barrios vs. Batyr Akhmedov

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The vacant WBA junior welterweight title will be contested by Mario Barrios of Texas and Batyr Akhmedov of Russia on September 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Both undefeated, Barrios has a fight record of 24 wins and 16 KOs while Akhmedov has 7 wins and 6 KOs. The disparity in experience makes Barrios the favorite in the betting odds.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay, so this is the clash of the unbeaten super lightweights. There will be a lot of good bouts on September 28th. Can't wait.

M

Maestro

Akhmedov is also a good fighter imho.I remember his knockout of Ismael Barroso in 2018 was better than anything I have seen from Mario Barrios.

O

Olaf

They are both undefeated? This one right here is a going to be good. I wonder who is going to experience their first loss.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Such a very close fight but the unanimous decision of 114-112, 115-111, 116-110 gave Mario Barrios the WBA junior welterweight title. According to one boxing veteran, it was a close decision but still questionable why the judges gave the fight to Barrios when the worst for Akhmedov would be a draw. Barrios earned his 25th victory and remained undefeated while Akhmedov suffered his 1st loss against 7 wins and 6 KOs.