• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bellator 231 - Frank Mir vs Roy Nelson

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Former UFC champion Frank Mir will face another contemporary UFC fighter Roy Nelson in the Bellator 231 main event on October 25 at Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville. Mir has a record of 18-13 while Nelson sports a record of 23-17.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir extracted a decision win over Roy Nelson with his effective kicks that threw Nelson out of rhythm. But to be frank with Frank Mir, it seems that he and Nelson are both old for the game. Perhaps they should considering retiring until they have no lethal injury.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is Frank Mir's second win over Roy Nelson: once at UFC 130 in May 2011, and now the rematch at Bellator 231 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Montville, Connecticut.

M

Maestro

I bet Roy Nelson can't say he was not given a second chance. It just shows that Frank Mir is a better fighter.

O

Olaf

If it wasn't for Frank Mir's inside leg kicks, I'm pretty sure we would have seen a KO from Roy Nelson. This is Mir's first Ballator win, which also put an end to his losing streak.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bet Roy Nelson can't say he was not given a second chance. It just shows that Frank Mir is a better fighter.

This is the second whoop-ass Roy Nelson is receiving from Frank Mir, I don't think the third time's the charm. Nelson needs to go home and re-think his whole strategy.

M

Maestro

This is the second whoop-ass Roy Nelson is receiving from Frank Mir, I don't think the third time's the charm. Nelson needs to go home and re-think his whole strategy.

I think Roy Nelson is pretty much done for. All he can do now is, try and find an opponent that is in his league.

O

Olaf

This could have gone either way, imho. Frank Mir was coming off a four-fight losing streak. His last win was in 2015. Roy Nelson was on a three-fight losing streak, and now a fourth one, including this one to Frank Mir..

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This could have gone either way, imho. Frank Mir was coming off a four-fight losing streak. His last win was in 2015. Roy Nelson was on a three-fight losing streak, and now a fourth one, including this one to Frank Mir..

Roy Nelson is not even trying anymore. He has only one win in his last five fights. He is really struggling in the Octagon, mainly because of the way he is build. His physique is not suitable for the level he is currently fighting in. He needs to go back to the gym and build more muscle.

M

Maestro

I think the beatdown Roy Nelson got from Junior dos Santos at UFC 117, drove his self esteem straight to the ground. That was the moment he realized he was out of his depths.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the beatdown Roy Nelson got from Junior dos Santos at UFC 117, drove his self esteem straight to the ground. That was the moment he realized he was out of his depths.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
O

Olaf

Yeah, I remember that bout of Roy Nelson against Junior dos Santos. Nelson received a beating that lasted for almost twenty minutes and it completely ruined his chance of having a good rep in UFC.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I think Roy Nelson is pretty much done for. All he can do now is, try and find an opponent that is in his league.

I bet in 2020 he will figure out what he really wants. I will be checking for Roy.