• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC fight night – Damien Maia vs Ben Askren

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The October 26 UFC fight night is an encounter of grappler between UFC veteran Damien Maia and Ben Askren. Previously undefeated, Askren had defeated former UFC welterweight champion Robbie Lawler by a choke but in the subsequent fight he lost by knockout from a flying knee by Jorge Masvidal. Maia has 27 wins and 9 losses while Askren has 19 wins against only 1 loss.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The 3 rounds of fighting showed the slight advantage of Ben Askren in strength and skill in grappling although there were instances that Damien Maia displayed his veteran techniques. In the striking, it was definitely Maia although he suffered a cut with Askren having a damaged eye. Nearing the end of bout, Askren got another takedown that was reversed by Maia and eventually took the back of Askren for a choke and a tap. Askren was actually out cold with that choke.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't believe Maia rendered Ben Askren unconscious. I wouldn't say it was a bad fight because there were some moments I found myself jumping out of my seat with excitement.

M

Maestro

I think Askren's losing streak has began. He really put up a good fight but Damian Maia was better.

O

Olaf

I remember when Maia landed that left straight but Askren was just waiting ready with an uppercut, which damaged Maia’s eye.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember when Maia landed that left straight but Askren was just waiting ready with an uppercut, which damaged Maia’s eye.

That was actually one of the best shots of the whole fight. It really packed a lot of power.

M

Maestro

That was pretty good. He was just waiting to strike like a cobra.

O

Olaf

That was pretty good. He was just waiting to strike like a cobra.

Actually, one of the reasons why I prefer Askren over Maia, is because of his lightning fast speed when he attacks.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope 2020 will be a better year for Askren. Damian Maia on the other hand, is definitely going to turn heads.