• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Flex Wheeler had to have emergency surgery!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
This is terrible guys regarding Flex Wheeler!

Flex Wheeler

I just found out that he had to have some of his right leg amputated! More on this shortly. Very tragic news but Flex is in good spirits and doing well. This happened last week.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Kevin at Evolutionofbodybuilding.net gave me permission to share this. Thanks Kevin.

BREAKING NEWS: Flex Wheeler has emergency surgery
Flex Wheeler had a part of his right leg amputated.

By Kevin Grech -October 21, 2019010235

BREAKING NEWS: Flex Wheeler has emergency surgery.

Shocking news has hit the bodybuilding industry again this week.

Bodybuilding legend, Flex Wheeler was rushed to the hospital to have emergency surgery on his right leg due to various complications.

Unfortunately, Flex Wheeler had his right leg partially amputated.

Evolutionofbodybuilding.net was informed about the surgery last week but refrained from publishing the news.

The news started to make its way to the media by various media and bodybuilding forums.

According to our sources, Flex Wheeler is going to make an announcement about his surgery and keep his fans updated on the situation in the coming days.

After what Flex went through, Flex is in good spirits according to our sources.

Even though Flex Wheeler never won the Mr. Olympia title, legends such as Arnold Schwarzenegger are on record saying that Flex was one of the best bodybuilders to ever grace the bodybuilding stage.

Already some disgusting comments have been published on a certain forum regarding Flex Wheeler and what has happened to him. No one should ever wish something like this on anybody. Regardless of what some people think of Flex, he is a legend of the sport and dedicated his life to it. Respect must be given to this legendary champion.

Evolutionofbodybuilding.net believe Flex will get through this as he is a true fighter and we surely believe he will still contribute to the sport of bodybuilding and fitness.

Source: https://www.evolutionofbodybuilding...ihUIbPNST1rmxmcnlZBIHzsGvn82MJZUXdifgPMrCWaJc

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's terrible!

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Terrible news i hope he makes a speedy recovery and adapt to this from now on

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is a press release from Flex Wheeler:

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES, October 24, 2019 /EINPresswire.com/ — LAS VEGAS
…………………………………… Kenneth “FLEX” Wheeler, the legendary/iconic professional bodybuilder and 4 time winner of the Arnold Classic, released his first and only “OFFICIAL” statement today pertaining to his emergency surgery last week which required the partial amputation of his right leg.
FLEX stated
…………………………………
“I would like to thank all of my fans and bodybuilding colleagues for your prayers and support during this difficult time for me and my family.
My surgery was required due to escalating circulation difficulties in my right leg that had become life threatening.
I am resting comfortably now and have begun my rehabilitation.
…………………………………
I would like to thank my superb medical team for my treatment and care.
Any and all interviews and or articles relating to my medical condition, procedure(s) and/or current status is speculation and UNAUTHORIZED!!!
I will keep all of you updated on my progress, via my social media outlets, with “OFFICIAL” FLEX Wheeler updates.
………………………………..
Kenneth Reaves, Ph.D.

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Dan Solomon wrote this a couple minutes ago:

A Visit with Flex Wheeler:
I spent the morning here in Las Vegas, along with Bob Cicherillo, visiting with Flex Wheeler in his room at an area medical facility. As most of you know by now, Flex had a portion of his leg amputated a few inches below his left knee. I’ve always felt a connection with Flex so it felt good to see him. His life hasn’t been easy....and now he finds himself in an incredibly difficult situation. Our conversation was filled with love, tears, and even a few laughs. Flex is regarded as one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time, but he’s so much more than that. He’s remarkably intelligent and his capacity to overcome adversity is what makes him one of the strongest men I’ve ever known. Flex is in a lot of pain, surrounded by the love of family, fighting to recover from a highly complicated set of circumstances. His hope is to use this platform to inspire others who need it. As we left the hospital we shared a moment, told him we love him, and reminded him that there are men, women and children around the world cheering him on. It won’t be easy, but Flex will continue to fight. And soon, he will impact the world in a way he never imagined possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
If you have any extra money please help this bodybuilding legend out!

From Dennis James: "@bigdjames
Hey everyone, I’m reaching out to you today for your help and support for a close friend and industry legend.
As many of you know, Flex Wheeler recently underwent surgery to amputate his lower leg.
After nearly a year and multiple surgeries attempting to save his leg from recurring blood clots caused by a deterioration of a 15 year old vein graft from kidney surgery, there was nothing else that could be done.
Between the surgeries and lengthy hospital stays, Flex has been unable to travel for work these past many months and is now faced with insurmountable medical bills.
In an effort to help Flex through this difficult time, I have started a go-fund me account and it is my hope that together we can help Flex through his rehabilitation and look forward to seeing him again when he resumes his travels.
Thank you for all your support. Let’s all come together and help out Flex Wheeler. gf.me/u/wn4q8b click link in my bio."

Click here to help Flex: https://www.gofundme.com/f/let039s-help-our-sultan-of-symmetry-flex-wheeler

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex wheeler in 1999

FB IMG 1619803178684