• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Injury prevention

B

bourehim

I was jogging the other day when I got excited a little bit too much and hurt my knee, which got me thinking about some of these points:

Bodybuilding is a very demanding sport, and its practice is not without danger. The risk of injury is certainly less important compared to other sports, but it still exists. You must learn to avoid injuries and listen to your body.
A rigorous and progressive warm-up prepares the body for effort and reduces the risk of injury. It must be done systematically before each session.
Stretching is also important! Stretching is fundamental if you do not want to lose flexibility and develop pathologies related to the loss of mobility.

Some health problems are frequent, like:
back pain;
Achilles' tendon;
inflammatory injury;
muscular elongation.

Although these injuries are significantly different, their causes are often common:

lack of warm up;
lack of lumbar and abdominal stability;
overload;
poor training technique;
absence of stretching after exercise
recovery time too short.

When training, especially with high intensity, injury prevention plays an important role in training. The error does not forgive!

Often, talking about injury prevention, we hear about mobility, specific reinforcement, correct technique. Unfortunately, even though it's part of prevention, it's not enough. There are 3 other key points to consider:
Listening to your body
Understanding the movements
Constant search for improvement of the technique.

So that was just an introduction, more details about the topic apone request.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
A

Athanas

That is why warming up is very important before the real workout.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like the article. It's very detailed. I think people should avoid intense workouts.

Also, I see some people wear some pads around the knee to avoid injuries. Having an instructor is good to avoid major injuries.

S

SolidSa

Warming up is absolutely important, all should spend at least 10 to 15 mins for warming up. Have a good spotter when you lift heavy weights, A good spotter or an instructor would save you from a lot of injuries. And the last and most important thing is to warm down, doing static stretches after workouts would relax your muscles and would break the lactic acid build-up, and would speed up your recovery time. Stretches also help to maintain your muscle flexibility.