• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Exercise levels predict lifespan better than smoking, medical history

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Exercise levels predict lifespan better than smoking, medical history
Wearable activity trackers may pave the way for a better method to predict short term death risk, suggests a new study, which found that exercise data was more accurate than other risk factors, such as smoking and medical history.

Being able to make an accurate prediction about a person's risk of death can help them prolong their lives. Usually, doctors base these estimates on lifestyle choices, such as smoking and alcohol consumption, and health factors, such as cancer or heart disease history.

But new findings published in The Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences suggest that wearable activity trackers may provide more reliable predictions.

Researchers at John Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, MD, studied the association between physical activity and risk of death.

"We've been interested in studying physical activity and how accumulating it in spurts throughout the day could predict mortality because activity is a factor that can be changed, unlike age or genetics," says professor Ciprian Crainiceanu, Ph.D., from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Their work is not the first to find such a link, but, according to the team, the results might be some of the first to offer concrete proof that wearable technology works better for predicting a person's risk of mortality than other means.

Click here to view the full bodybuilding news article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not keen on using the wearable technology that measures the vital signs. My wife has that and she used it for only a week. Why not using it anymore? She said that it is like monitoring her moves all the time and it is just giving her pressure that can lead to unnecessary stress. I agree to that. We live our life to enjoy and wanting to have a long life with that wearable technoology is not for me.