• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Shreveport and Bossier Parish Officers Arrested for Selling Steroids

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
The two police officers are linked to a steroid trafficking conspiracy involving the owners of two local gyms.
Shreveport Police Sergeant Brian Skinner and former Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Jonathan Colgin have been arrested as part of an ongoing investigation into steroid trafficking in Northwest Louisiana. Skinner and Colgin were indicted by a federal grand jury on November 13, 2019.
Skinner and Colgin were both charged with conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute anabolic steroids, a Schedule III controlled substance. Colgin was also charged with misprision of a felony after he attempted to conceal evidence from investigators by disposing of a stash of anabolic steroids.

The police officers were linked to steroid UGL owner Brant Landry.

The two law enforcement officers were collateral damage in a federal investigation that focused primarily on Brant Landry. Landry was the owner and operator of the underground laboratory (UGL) that manufactured the steroids used by Skinner and Colgin.
Landry was busted when a Bossier Parish Sheriff’s deputy stopped his vehicle during a routine traffic stop on May 22, 2018. The deputy learned that Landry was driving with an expired license. The officers found 11 vials of injectable steroids after Landry consented to having his car searched.
Landry waived his Miranda rights and confessed to everything. He admitted importing steroids from China. He admitted selling steroids for financial gain. He even confessed to manufacturing steroids in a clandestine laboratory located in his residence.
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) immediately started an investigation. Brant’s arrest quickly led to the arrest of his wife (Julie Landry) and his friend and business partner (Mike Mosura) as co-conspirators in his steroid trafficking operation.
Brant and Julie Landry were the owners of the now-defunct Bars and Scars Warehouse Gym in Bossier City. Mike Mosura is the owner of the Anytime Fitness Gym in Shreveport.
Several law enforcement officers with the Shreveport Police Department (SPD) linked to the operation were placed on administrative leave.
Shreveport Police Sergeant Skinner and Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Colgin were the first two law enforcement officers to be criminally charged in the case. However, there could be many more local officers (and even federal officers) under criminal investigation.
Most of the law enforcement personnel were merely users of anabolic steroids. But a few, like Skinner and Colgin, acted as middlemen who sold the steroids to other officers.
Colgin resigned in the months following Brant’s arrest. Skinner (and several other SPD officerrs) were placed on administrative leave last year.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

C

CRC1276

Shouldn’t have said ok to a vehicle search. If he would have called the k9 they can’t sniff out gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shouldn’t have said ok to a vehicle search. If he would have called the k9 they can’t sniff out gear.

Don't they just need probable cause to do a vehicle search? Like they can just say it looked suspicious? I'd never agree to a search no matter what because they could plant something.

C

CRC1276

Don't they just need probable cause to do a vehicle search? Like they can just say it looked suspicious? I'd never agree to a search no matter what because they could plant something.

Technically yeah they definitely need probable cause and they better make sure they have it. Otherwise if you have a good lawyer a case like that can get thrown out. Either way if that all you have on you and it’s vials of gear I don’t think a dog can sniff it out. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think I am. Think they just train them for narcotics.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with that. All they had to do though is pretend the dog is triggered if they really want access.