• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Samir Bannout’s campaign against gurus and modern day bodybuilding

evbodybuilding

evbodybuilding

Do you agree with Samir Bannout's opinion about the bodybuilding Guru and modern day training methods?

It is one of our most popular and shared articles this week, with Samir, Shawn Ray and a number of other legends giving their opinion on this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Samir is very wise individual whose record speaks for itself. He is still in great shape now and the old school mentality worked perfectly when he was Mr. Olympia. But the gurus of today are more of a steroid advisor than the main categories. If I were an IFBB pro trying to win shows, my main concern would be what shit I am putting in my body and how it will effect me short and long term. So a 'guru' should really be someone in the medical field. These guys know how to do squats and eat steak.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Samir is very wise individual whose record speaks for itself. He is still in great shape now and the old school mentality worked perfectly when he was Mr. Olympia. But the gurus of today are more of a steroid advisor than the main categories. If I were an IFBB pro trying to win shows, my main concern would be what shit I am putting in my body and how it will effect me short and long term. So a 'guru' should really be someone in the medical field. These guys know how to do squats and eat steak.
You have a way with words Joe. The steak and squats thing is priceless!

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
I've got a degree in eating steaks and doing squats.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
You have a way with words Joe. The steak and squats thing is priceless!

LOL. Thx, bro.